AQA AS level Psychology help with 12 mark questions Watch

emtkir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am very confused because I dont know how many studies or evaluative points to make for each 12 mark question. I know for some you only need to use 2 studies with 4 evaluative points, but sometimes the question requires you to make 6 evaluative points, or use 3 studies. I have no idea how many to use for each please help (sorry this question is very general to which 12 markers I need help on, does each topic require different things??)
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Romanoff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emtkir)
I am very confused because I dont know how many studies or evaluative points to make for each 12 mark question. I know for some you only need to use 2 studies with 4 evaluative points, but sometimes the question requires you to make 6 evaluative points, or use 3 studies. I have no idea how many to use for each please help (sorry this question is very general to which 12 markers I need help on, does each topic require different things??)
Hello there, for every single sub-topic in psychology, you should know 2 studies in decent detail and be able to give 2 GOOD evaluation points for each.

This in turn makes up for 12 marks, knowing how to answer 12 markers means that you can answer every single other question within the paper. As a psychology student, make sure you go through Research Methods as that counts for a huge amount in both unit 1 and unit 2 - don't neglect it!

You will never need to use 3 studies in a 12 marker nor will you have to make 6 A02 points.
ayshax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emtkir)

I also had difficulty in the 12 marks questions. You DON'T need 6 A01 and A02 points. All you need to know is a minimum of 2 or a maximum of 4 studies for the question. Outlining studies gets you the A01 marks. E.g. If I was doing an essay on the MSM (Multi Store Model of Memory); saying points like STM and LTM, their capacities and durations could get 6 marks for A01 (just describing the study). A02 is just the strengths and weaknesses. E.g. The MSM is too simplistic and giving reasons why. Each A02 point could get at least 2 marks. So just learn all the studies and their strengths and weaknesses. The easy way for this is research methods.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.93%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (193)
30.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed