Britt2609
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
We've been told that we have to choose a couple of texts of our own to study for AS coursework. I'm not sure what to pick.

What books have you chosen or are thinking of choosing? I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks
thewishfulwriter
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Britt2609)
We've been told that we have to choose a couple of texts of our own to study for AS coursework. I'm not sure what to pick.

What books have you chosen or are thinking of choosing? I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks
What is your coursework meant to be about?
Britt2609
Rep:
?
I think we're going to be given a set of various themes to analyse the texts with such as feminism. I've seen that other students have been given titles like 'aspects of gothic literature.' so I guess it's a broad choice
thewishfulwriter
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okaay - do you have an idea about what theme you might do? Is there something you're particularly interested in?

Things like feminism are interesting - you could look at books like Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale"
Britt2609
Rep:
?
I'm open to any ideas as I've read a few classics that could be useful, I just wanted to hear what other people have chosen too Oh yeah I've heard a lot about Margaret Atwood's work. Thank you very much!
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Britt2609)

Thanks
What year are you in? Coursework deadline has past.. Will you be starting AS in Sept? Unless you mean A2 coursework?

For my A2 coursework, my theme was the corruption of morality. Our set texts were Othello, Enduring Love and Wuthering Heights. I couldn't stand Wuthering Heights, so I decided to choose The Picture of Dorian Gray. Such a way better choice!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.76%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (135)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.12%

Watched Threads