The Student Room Group

DSA Laptop

I'm going to be completing a degree for Media and Communications, mostly practical based and have been recommended to have a laptop in my DSA assessment.
The person that assessed me has said that he cannot recommend a Macbook anymore, as the DSA have cut funding, he said something about upgrading and paying the extra for a Macbook.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if I could definitely upgrade? It would just be far more usful for my Uni course.

Thanks!
Reply 1
you can upgrade , i was recommended with a company called AVANTEK , for a macbook pro they want £200 towards laptop plus another £343. The macbook on its own is £899 , so still a saving and they do last a long time compared to ordinary makes.
Original post by mark3060
you can upgrade , i was recommended with a company called AVANTEK , for a macbook pro they want £200 towards laptop plus another £343. The macbook on its own is £899 , so still a saving and they do last a long time compared to ordinary makes.

How much were you quoted for in addition to upgrade all software to Mac compatibility? Trying to figure out if the upgrade is worth the money.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
that was the total including the software ,
it works out a couple of hundred cheaper than buying direct
Oh, that's great! Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending