Relish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Any advice on how i could pretty much crash course Psychology. Im probably at about an E grade for aqa as psych with just over a week left till my unit 1 exam. What shall i do!?
ssbailey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All I can suggest is putting 2 days aside, write up every possible 12 marker, then highlight the key points/words and create a mind map and condense the A01 and A02 onto revision cards. Then just do as many past papers as possible as a lot of PSYA1 is based of research methods which caught me out last year so the papers will give a good idea of the way they will incorporate the research methods into developmental and cognitive. hope this helps
Relish
Rep:
?
(Original post by ssbailey)
All I can suggest is putting 2 days aside, write up every possible 12 marker, then highlight the key points/words and create a mind map and condense the A01 and A02 onto revision cards. Then just do as many past papers as possible as a lot of PSYA1 is based of research methods which caught me out last year so the papers will give a good idea of the way they will incorporate the research methods into developmental and cognitive. hope this helps
Thanks a lot!
clearlygeeky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Last year i got an E in the mock and got a C in the actual exams overall. It depends on how you understand it, make mindmaps for approaches and just do past questions and just drill in the information. Trust me unit 1 is mainly knowledge and if you nail the 10 markers you'll be fine. I'm retaking unit 1 and just started a few days ago a lot of it is easy to remember if you put your mind to it. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Tom)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Relish)
Any advice on how i could pretty much crash course Psychology. Im probably at about an E grade for aqa as psych with just over a week left till my unit 1 exam. What shall i do!?
(Original post by clearlygeeky)
Last year i got an E in the mock and got a C in the actual exams overall. It depends on how you understand it, make mindmaps for approaches and just do past questions and just drill in the information. Trust me unit 1 is mainly knowledge and if you nail the 10 markers you'll be fine. I'm retaking unit 1 and just started a few days ago a lot of it is easy to remember if you put your mind to it. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some really good AS psychology mindmaps, notes and flashcards here - you can filter down to just AQA if you want:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...%5D=psychology
Relish
Rep:
?
(Original post by clearlygeeky)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man appreciate it
Relish
Rep:
?
(Original post by (Tom))
Some really good AS psychology mindmaps, notes and flashcards here - you can filter down to just AQA if you want:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...%5D=psychology
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.52%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.76%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.57%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (6)
4.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.63%

Watched Threads