Heysels was worse than Hillsborough and Liverpool have deliberately conflated the two Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone who spends more than 60 seconds actually reading the reports into these disasters will see very clearly that Liverpool fans were in the wrong and were directly responsible.

Why is this swept under the carpet? Swear LFC are the politically correct club everyone tip toes around
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Standard Zurich troll thread, unoriginal/10

Expect the usual suspects and billydisco to agree
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is a ****ing unbelievable thread to create, and there is no need for it.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why was Heysel worse?
Dexa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What a load of inflammatory nonsense. Is this guy ok in the head lol.
BeDirectWomen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Anyone who spends more than 60 seconds actually reading the reports into these disasters will see very clearly that Liverpool fans were in the wrong and were directly responsible.

Why is this swept under the carpet? Swear LFC are the politically correct club everyone tip toes around
How the hell were Liverpool fans to blame? The police covered up the truth, changed their statements, etc in order to pass blame onto the Liverpool fans. Hillsborough was a total police cover up. Didn't you hear the truth that came out in 2012?
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mod please close this thread before it gets out of hand...
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeDirectWomen)
How the hell were Liverpool fans to blame? The police covered up the truth, changed their statements, etc in order to pass blame onto the Liverpool fans. Hillsborough was a total police cover up. Didn't you hear the truth that came out in 2012?
Doesn't have to be one or the other. I'm assuming he means turned up pissed/jibbed in/forged tickets etc. Not that I'm endorsing this post, want to see what he posts next.

(Original post by samir12)
Mod please close this thread before it gets out of hand...
Calm down.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Doesn't have to be one or the other. I'm assuming he means turned up pissed/jibbed in/forged tickets etc. Not that I'm endorsing this post, want to see what he posts next.

Calm down.
You do realise this is just a typical thread by Zurich to troll right? Don't think he intends on having a reasonable discussion about this. Plus others will come in, have uncivilised heated debates and bla bla bla, thread will eventually get closed.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You do realise this is just a typical thread by Zurich to troll right? Don't think he intends on having a reasonable discussion about this. Plus others will come in, have uncivilised heated debates and bla bla bla, thread will eventually get closed.
May well be the case but it's not uncivilised or heated yet. He's not actually posted anything that bad, so whether you agree or disagree, it shouldn't be closed.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The fact people are already shouting that this thread should be taken down and is unacceptable just helps Zurich's point - people are unwilling to talk about Hillsborough objectively. That's understandable considering how much of a tragedy it is, and whilst Heysels may have been worse in some sort of way, Hillsborough was just as horrifically tragic for the families and friends of the fans who lost their lives. I *think* Zurich's point is that Heysels was created by Liverpool fans breaching a fence and invading an area they shouldn't have been, whereas the Hillsborough disaster was a mixture of fans forcing their way into the ground, and poor management. Still, both are tragic, and neither should be belittled.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May well be the case but it's not uncivilised or heated yet. He's not actually posted anything that bad, so whether you agree or disagree, it shouldn't be closed.
No but the intention of the thread was clearly to troll Liverpool fans using sensitive topics, similar threads and posts on this topic have been deleted so whether you like it or not, it will be closed.

Unless Sr90 or Prodigy have second thoughts?
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It might be closed but that doesn't mean it should be. Arkasia's first sentence is spot on. Zurich claims it is swept under the carpet and to counter this, posters want the thread removed. **** don't make sense.

If he's talking *******s then just tell him why.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It might be closed but that doesn't mean it should be. Arkasia's first sentence is spot on. Zurich claims it is swept under the carpet and to counter this, posters want the thread removed. **** don't make sense.

Because this is the football forum for discussion of football, not life and death incidents. There are other sections in TSR where you can discuss this, I don't have a problem with that. Using topics like this for banter, trolling or sticking it to Liverpool fans is what I have a problem with.

That's my view anyway, such sensitive incidents should be kept out of these forums, football is a sport at the end of the day.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's suggesting that Heysel was worse because (I assume) he thinks it was manslaughter on the part of Liverpool fans, while Hillsborough was a police oversight and lack of law enforcement on the day which led to deaths in a tragic accident.

What Zurich fails to realise is the context of which Heysel was played in. Hooliganism was rife, and you could have put any other fanbase in that ground and had the same results aside from Liverpool and Juventus. Heysel was nowhere near the correct stadium to hold that cup final in.

I'm not going to discuss this any further. And I'm certainly not going to trivialise either event on The ****ing Student Room.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because this is the football forum for discussion of football, not life and death incidents. There are other sections in TSR where you can discuss this, I don't have a problem with that. Using topics like this for banter, trolling or sticking it to Liverpool fans is what I have a problem with.
The people who would be interested in this or have knowledge of the two incidents mostly post in the football forum, no?

These incidents happened at football matches and are very much to do with football, it's quite pedantic of you to insinuate this thread has been posted in the wrong forum because it doesn't actually discuss the kicking of a football.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The people who would be interested in this or have knowledge of the two incidents mostly post in the football forum, no?

These incidents happened at football matches and are very much to do with football, it's quite pedantic of you to insinuate this thread has been posted in the wrong forum because it doesn't actually discuss the kicking of a football.
Fair enough I'm being pedantic but such sensitive topics can be used by trolls in the wrong way which is why I prefer it to be kept out of the football forums. It's up to the mods to decide in the end.
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

After the first couple times of entertaining this topic for it's intellectual discussion it gets a bit tedious and you would prefer it go away, especially when you're the ones deemed to have to explain/defend it. Same core principle could be applied to most topics that repeat.
I remember one from last year when a comedian commented on it, could have sworn Zurich played a significant part in that one too.

Personally though I couldn't care less.
tengentoppa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeDirectWomen)
Think he means Heysel, which was objectively the fault of Liverpool fans.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by So Instinct)
After the first couple times of entertaining this topic for it's intellectual discussion it gets a bit tedious and you would prefer it go away, especially when you're the ones deemed to have to explain/defend it. Same core principle could be applied to most topics that repeat.
I remember one from last year when a comedian commented on it, could have sworn Zurich played a significant part in that one too.

Personally though I couldn't care less, it's only trolling if you choose to get offended by it really.
Fair enough but it's inevitable you'll get repeat threads on here. You see it all the time in many of the forums, addressing many subjects. I could probably dig up multiple threads asking what your top 5 Hip-Hop albums are, or who you'd like to meet in real life off TSR...

At the very least this shouldn't be locked/deleted until Zurich has had a chance to explain himself.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (71)
28.51%
1 (40)
16.06%
2 (40)
16.06%
3 (35)
14.06%
4 (17)
6.83%
5 (20)
8.03%
6 (6)
2.41%
7+ (20)
8.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise