The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

White people age badly in general.

Asians (East only) and black people can easily look 10-20 years younger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by xoflower

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im guessing you are Asian or black :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Im guessing you are Asian or black :tongue:

I'm black but don't you agree lol. I'm not trying to make us seem superior but it's a known fact that Asians and blacks age better than whites. Most white women begin to age at about 25. Many black women do not have wrinkles at 50.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Do you see a 30 year old female as being older/having aged more quickly than a 30 year old male? Do 30 year old males tend to act more young would you say?

Do you mean aged physically or mentally? If physically then I think that women usually age quicker than men. However mentally women are more mature than men which is why women usually have partners who are a few years older than them so they're at a similar maturity level. However some men are very mature so being the same age or even younger than the woman doesn't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Girls tend to mature faster, especially during their teens. 18 year old girls can look 25, when 18 year old guys can look 15.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This thread had absolutely nothing to do with race. Why must you bring it up so frequently?
Reply 7
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
This thread had absolutely nothing to do with race. Why must you bring it up so frequently?

I suppose it can be related, as age and race do affect ageing

Because this person thinks that people age at 30 when it's not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bottled

Lol exactly, not sure why she's offended by basic facts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at Tom Cavanagh, Brad Pitt or Lenny Kravitz. They look WAY younger than their 50+ years, either through their face or the way they dress.

Idk if it's just me, but I've always been able to guess female actor ages correctly, but some males blur the line considerably (ESPECIALLY Tom Cavanagh in a hoodie).
Original post by brokenlevel23
Look at Tom Cavanagh, Brad Pitt or Lenny Kravitz. They look WAY younger than their 50+ years, either through their face or the way they dress.

Idk if it's just me, but I've always been able to guess female actor ages correctly, but some males blur the line considerably (ESPECIALLY Tom Cavanagh in a hoodie).

Gabrielle Union is 42 she looks better than most 18 years old

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bottled

But this thread was clearly not geared towards discussing race, it was discussing the difference in aging between the sexes.

Because this person thinks that people age at 30 when it's not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

People don't age at 30? What, they just halt in time?

Some people's genes protect them from aging. For example, darker skin often contains more melanin so the skin is less sucseptible to damage from the Sun, which I think is the most common cause of aged skin. It's very likely that people from some areas of the world have genes which make them age better than European natives in the UK. It's not all happy days though, because people with darker skin in countries with less Sun exposure often have Vitamin D deficiencies. The Government recommends that people of African descent take Vitamin D supplements to combat this.

It's less about race, more about genes.
But this thread was clearly not geared towards discussing race, it was discussing the difference in aging between the sexes.

People don't age at 30? What, they just halt in time?

Yes there may be aging differences between sexes but race is a more important factor

You know what I meant lol.

Why don't you want to accept blacks and Asians age better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm black but don't you agree lol. I'm not trying to make us seem superior but it's a known fact that Asians and blacks age better than whites. Most white women begin to age at about 25. Many black women do not have wrinkles at 50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah its cos white skin is more sensitive to the sun and stuff- too much exposure causes wrinkles/aging
Gabrielle Union is 42 she looks better than most 18 years old

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say 18. Definitely looks like early 30s though.
Original post by brokenlevel23
Some people's genes protect them from aging. For example, darker skin often contains more melanin so the skin is less sucseptible to damage from the Sun, which I think is the most common cause of aged skin. It's very likely that people from some areas of the world have genes which make them age better than European natives in the UK. It's not all happy days though, because people with darker skin in countries with less Sun exposure often have Vitamin D deficiencies. The Government recommends that people of African descent take Vitamin D supplements to combat this.

It's less about race, more about genes.

Well phrased like that, it's clear that you've thought about the science behind it (which is absolutely spot on) and given a detailed, coherent reasoning for the statement. Rather than the other poster who uses every opportunity to bring up race and usually in a derogatory manner.
Yes there may be aging differences between sexes but race is a more important factor

You know what I meant lol.

Why don't you want to accept blacks and Asians age better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not disagreeing with it, but the way you phrased it (and the way you tend to bring it up repeatedly) just sounds derogatory and like you're trying to win points against another race. It's not a bloody competition.
I'm not disagreeing with it, but the way you phrased it (and the way you tend to bring it up repeatedly) just sounds derogatory and like you're trying to win points against another race. It's not a bloody competition.

No I stated a fact which other people agree with on this friends. I don't get what you mean? This is the first time I have mentioned it. You act like my account is about mentioning the benefits of melanin lol

You seem to have race issues, not sure why you care so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending