Report 6 years ago
Ginkgo Biloba!!
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bananas.

They help me focus during revision and I usually drink water.
Sanctimonious
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eating any food with a distinct taste or smell whilst revising a specific topic can actually help you recall things in the exam if you eat the same food. A lot of people use mints whilst studying a specific topic because they associate the taste or smell with that and are therefore more able to recall information from memory at that time. Others use perfumes and other scents. Its really strange and I don't know why or how it works but it does. It's all about stimulating the brain and apparently scent can be a powerful memory trigger.

https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6060248
Ichigo S-G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sanctimonious)
Eating any food with a distinct taste or smell whilst revising a specific topic can actually help you recall things in the exam. It's all about stimulating the brain and apparently scent can be a powerful memory trigger.

https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6060248
Definitely going to apply this!! With water, that's another 5% boost for brain power!
xperttheif100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks
TheRealLifeBane
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The artistic alliteration was amusing. Yup, it was spotted
AlesanaWill
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James A)
Bananas.

They help me focus during revision and I usually drink water.
I second this. I eat bananas all the time but especially during exams - give me an energy boost and healthy too.

More than anything, I try to make sure I eat decent dinners when I'm revising. It's tempting to microwave something up quickly, but I think taking the time to cook a proper meal with vegetables gives more benefits than an extra half hour revising.
Jessica Watts
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cool! I will try it)
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Sanctimonious;55506397]Eating any food with a distinct taste or smell whilst revising a specific topic can actually help you recall things in the exam if you eat the same food. A lot of people use mints whilst studying a specific topic because they associate the taste or smell with that and are therefore more able to recall information from memory at that time. Others use perfumes and other scents. Its really strange and I don't know why or how it works but it does. It's all about stimulating the brain and apparently scent can be a powerful memory trigger.

https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?s...248[/QUOTE]

For some reason, smell is the strongest sense when it comes to memory recall; it is easier to remember something when you smell a familiar smell than with any other sense...
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Last year my physic teacher told me a tip: Chew chewing gum. It makes the blood rush to the area around your brain and helps you to think better.
Keano92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Crispy m&m's, can't beat them!
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kyx)
Last year my physic teacher told me a tip: Chew chewing gum. It makes the blood rush to the area around your brain and helps you to think better.
Very interesting!
Though, maybe through other ways rather than increasing blood flow, as not sure is possible in that way.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20132649
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks @hellodave5 !
collecott123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i try not to eat that much because i know if i do i will eat and eat and eat but i do like to drink hot water with sliced lemon in it, its really healthy and every time i want a snack i just make myself one and sip it with revision
Nettled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are bananas really that good for you? Might go grab myself one now!

I tell my mum to make oily fish during exam season although I hate the smell of mackerel.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whatever the **** Manisha made on Wednesday
Nameless Ghoul
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No mention of that most flavourful dish modafinil?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.04%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.7%

Watched Threads