The Student Room Group

British Chevening Scholarship 2015/2016 thread - Post-Interview Candidates/Alumni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hoa91
HI Abderrahim,

I would stay with my friends, also Chevening scholars in London. However, thank you for your kindness.

Which major would you study in ICL? I would go for Business Analytics. :smile:

Dear hoa91,

Ow you're attending ICL business school, that's great. Business Analytics is a very interesting ! I will be attending Environmental Economics & Policy :smile:

Do you know if there is a 2015/2016 chevening scholars facebook page.

Cheers,
Hi guys,

If this could be of any help, here is the 2015/2016 Chevening Scholars Facebook Page (closed group):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676526592569158/

Best wishes
Reply 42
Hi Marc,

Thank you very much, I hope to meet you soon !

Have a nice day

cheers
Hi everyone,

I was so excited to see a Chevening 2015/2016 page on here. Maybe you guys could help.
I got the scholarship and one unconditional offer from Cambridge. The only thing is that they insisted on my CAS that I should go ask for the visa with the "original" of my diploma. Only problem is, my university hasn't sent it to me yet. Tried to call and write, no answer. I have an official copy tho. Will that be enough or will they refuse me the Tier 4 visa if I don't bring the original document?
Reply 44
Original post by Lalaland22
Hi everyone,

I was so excited to see a Chevening 2015/2016 page on here. Maybe you guys could help.
I got the scholarship and one unconditional offer from Cambridge. The only thing is that they insisted on my CAS that I should go ask for the visa with the "original" of my diploma. Only problem is, my university hasn't sent it to me yet. Tried to call and write, no answer. I have an official copy tho. Will that be enough or will they refuse me the Tier 4 visa if I don't bring the original document?

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you haven't received the diploma of your first degree yet?
Or is it the CAs that you haven't received?

If it's the former:ask the university for a letter/statement declaring that you will receive the diploma-but that it hasn't been issued yet.

If it's the latter: There is a CAS statement that the university sends through e-mail. Copy that and add it to your visa documents. Regarding CAS it shouldn't be a problem as the CAS is an online document that the uni keeps updating and to which UKVI has access to

P.S.
Congrats on getting accepted at Cambridge! What yeh studying?.
Original post by LenaP
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you haven't received the diploma of your first degree yet?
Or is it the CAs that you haven't received?

If it's the former:ask the university for a letter/statement declaring that you will receive the diploma-but that it hasn't been issued yet.

If it's the latter: There is a CAS statement that the university sends through e-mail. Copy that and add it to your visa documents. Regarding CAS it shouldn't be a problem as the CAS is an online document that the uni keeps updating and to which UKVI has access to

P.S.
Congrats on getting accepted at Cambridge! What yeh studying?.

Thanks. I'm pretty excited about it.
And yeah, I got my CAS. Just haven't got my degree diploma. The uni is closed for the summer. And the diploma is ready because they accepted to scan and send it to me via email. But they promised to send it by post and they never did. So I'm waiting. And stressing.
To answer your question, I'm going for the MPhil in Planning, Growth and Regeneration.
What uni are you going to?
Reply 46
Original post by Lalaland22
Thanks. I'm pretty excited about it.
And yeah, I got my CAS. Just haven't got my degree diploma. The uni is closed for the summer. And the diploma is ready because they accepted to scan and send it to me via email. But they promised to send it by post and they never did. So I'm waiting. And stressing.
To answer your question, I'm going for the MPhil in Planning, Growth and Regeneration.
What uni are you going to?

Then I suppose all you can do is use the scanned version. sucks a bit.
I'm doing MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) -University of Manchester

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LenaP
I'm doing MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) -University of Manchester

Good luck!

Original post by LenaP

Good luck!

Original post by LenaP

Good luck!

Thank you.
Good luck to you too.
Maybe we'll meet in the Chevening events.
Reply 48
Hi Lalaland,

I m confident that they will accept the version you provid. Furthermore, they won't refuse your visa without a previous notice, so if there is any problem they will ask you directly to provide the original and then you'll be able to explain.

Best of luck
Abderrahim
Original post by Abdel87
Hi Lalaland,

I m confident that they will accept the version you provid. Furthermore, they won't refuse your visa without a previous notice, so if there is any problem they will ask you directly to provide the original and then you'll be able to explain.

Best of luck
Abderrahim

Thanks Abderrahim.
Hope I will be able to do as you say.
Anyway I will submit my bisa application and see how it goes.
Reply 50
Original post by Marc-c001
Hi all,

Glad to find out a TSR with fellow Chevening scholars.

BTW, is there anyone heading to LSE this upcoming September? Or to London? Or to any school close by? Anyway, I'd be happy to network.

Cheers

Hi Marc, Kindly tell me more about applying for a course at LSE...I have applied for the 2016/2017 Chevening award. TIA
Reply 51
Hi,
Was the request to change your university preference was accepted? Is this something you also mentioned during the interview or afterwards?
I realized that I listed my universities in the opposite order of preference, and am a bit embarrassed to point that out, especially if I make it to the interview. Human errors- really doesn't help sometimes.
Original post by hoa91
HI Abderrahim,

I would stay with my friends, also Chevening scholars in London. However, thank you for your kindness.

Which major would you study in ICL? I would go for Business Analytics. :smile:

Hi hoa91,

I am applying for Chevening scholarship 2016 and ICL MSc Environmental Technology as well. It's great to connect to you and learn from your experience.
Original post by Abdel87
Dear hoa91,

Ow you're attending ICL business school, that's great. Business Analytics is a very interesting ! I will be attending Environmental Economics & Policy :smile:

Do you know if there is a 2015/2016 chevening scholars facebook page.

Cheers,

Hi Abdel87,

Did you go to the MSc Environmental Technology? I am applying for this course as well, but with the Energy Policy option.

Looking forward to learn from your experience from the course.
I have a question regarding Uni applications, doesn't it matter if you mention that you're expecting your studies to be funded by a Chevening scholarship.
Original post by Henryonline3
I have a question regarding Uni applications, doesn't it matter if you mention that you're expecting your studies to be funded by a Chevening scholarship.

It wouldnt matter in the slightest.
Hello, I applied in November for a Chevening scholarship, now I have 2 offers (option 2 and 3 in order of priorities), I'm still awaiting an answer from option 1. What should I do.

Accept both available offers?

Accept only the offer from option number 2, since that is more important?

Accept neither offer yet, till I have news from my first option?

Is there a deadline to accept an unconditional offer from a University?

What if I formally accept an offer and then I turn it down whether because I got an offer from my first choice University or because I did not get the scholarship? Can this have some legal implications?

I'll be glad if you can answer to each of my questions.

Thank you
Original post by hoa91
Yes, i think you should mail to Chevening Secretariat and let them know that you have offers from other colleges which might help in assessment procedure.

I am stuck in another case. I got quite good offer from Imperial College London however I was not confident in possibility of getting into ICL at the first place, therefore I did not include ICL in the application of Chevening. I'm trying to email Chevening committee to change the options but no reply has been received until now.

Haizz. Still a long way to go.

Hello I have been reading your posts to try finding an answer . Maybe you can enlighten me on this. I have applied for the chevening scholarship and i have my interview in three days. I have put three different university courses in my choices, but i am actually interested in pursuing the first one. The problem is that i have not received any reply from that university yet. I have however received unconditional offers from two other universities not mentioned in my application. Do you think the chevening might be flexible and consider the other two universities ? Do you think this will have a negative application impact on my application. Your opinion will be very valuable. I am in a nail biting situation right now . :frown:
Original post by Wizdome
Hi Hoa91,

More than anything, I'm grateful that you're concerned to go to the extent of inquiring on my behalf, thanks a lot. It's relieving to know that that possibility exists. I guess I would now inform of them of the offers I have and hope that they consider that I have an offer (even if though it's outside the 3 choices). I will try to keep you informed on any developments on my end.

Thanks again, Wishing us Success :smile:

Hi Wizdome, I know you might probably be in the UK right now and it has been long since your application to Chevening.
I am in the same situation as you back then. I got rejected by my 3 course choices, and I have an unconditional offer for a 4th program. Back then did you write to Chevening before the results came out in June? Or only after you were already selected?

What would you recommend? Not sure what to do.
If anybody else has a comment regarding this, please let me know your point of view.
Reply 59
Hi englishlion, did you contact Chevening regarding your issue? I am in the same situation as well.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending