HToo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hi guys..
can you please help me out....does anyone have a case study on NAFTA or EU as a trade bloc because im trying to answer this essay question....
'explain how technology and trade blocs have contributed to globalisation?'
its worth 15 marks
guys HELP!!!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
eronaarifi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The EU trade bloc allowed post accession labour flow to occur after 2004, due to free movement of trade and migration between the members of the EU, this evidently contributed to globalisation as it allowed the widespread of development and variation to occur. For instance, after Poland joined the EU in 2004, they were allowed free movement between the UK, Sweden and Ireland, and their most preferable migration hotspot was the UK due to recruiting agencies. This lead to 600,000 poles migrating to the UK due to a number of pull factors such as higher wages - Poles earn £200 a month in Poland, where they can earn that in a week in the UK, also, the UK offers them political asylum, including benefits such as child benefits (even if their children are still living in Poland), unemployment benefits etc. after working in the country for at least 12 months. The polish migrants have contributed to globalisation and the intergration of the world as they brought their cultural into the UK - they opened up Polish stores, selling polish produce. Furthermore, Polish culture is now taught in UK schools, in order for children to understand the culture of their classmates.

Im not sure at the top of my head what else they did to contribute to globalisation, however the main thing you need to write about is the free movement of trade and people within these EU countries.
Also, maybe you could search up NAFTA case studies. If you find any, can you please tell me, as they would help with my exam.

hope this helped!
Swirly123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Therebis a little section on nafta in the cgp revision guide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads