Please correct my sentences.

Watch
Michael P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Now that you are reading this thread, please correct my sentences and improve upon them. I want to sound old-fashioned. Thanks.

After having reminded ourselves of the time that had Mary supplant Edward as being the interlocutor of our seminar here, both Elysnai and I saw her as having a disposition replete with such ripe maturity; the likes of which can be found only in the most accomplished of our coterie here in Maldur. Though we all are somewhat blind to the deceit of this priest Edgar, it is now with great joy exhumed I tell you that this man standing beside me is not blind, for it turns out that like me, he too is wise, and over the weeks and months that has had time acclimate our relationship, it was our conjoined wisdom that had us decipher the cunningness of his plans to have this senate, the effigy of your father, and this very carpet on which we stand dissolved into nothingness, and ourselves consumed by the evil praxis of that whose name Edgar tells us not. And yet with his hands, feet and head shackled to this manacle, and death in his third eye, still has he no intention of sharing it with his majesty. I had hoped that the fickle vagaries laid manifest in his principia, to which Elysnai and I had with fragrant favour vanquished, would have soon afterwards fermented in the mind of his majesty, that he may see for himself the invocation of a satanical spirit of that which I can so confidently describe as being a Messianic edifice, to which the pedagogy of our religion is rooted. It is this image that I sought to have laid in the written word before my eyes; that I may have with lucid laconicism entrenched, every facet of its visceral countenance imbued in the minds of those whose curiosity should have them see for themselves the visions of demise both I and priest Edgar here have seen. Like you, father, he too had once been a man of power, but his sacrilege has now reduced him to nothing but a vulnerable insect to which my heavy hand does wander.

Your speaking about it does irk me so greatly, young Thor. In no way should you go about your duty as his majesty’s most favoured prince while baring the ad hoc martyrdom that had your father a premature death. Please, come forth and sit with me in the evangelicalism of this candelabra, and bathe in its dying evanescence, as all that is made by man does decay, even ourselves in time, but do not concern yourself with the matters of a priest, for my visions have had me enlightened to the will of the Gods. It is with a supine envy that I tell you that they had your mother conceive you with the intention of your becoming the most exalted warrior ever to have yourself known by, not only this kingdom, but also of the unknown kingdoms; those which I, nor any man I have met, have seen for ourselves; those kingdoms your mother lamented to you in song when you were all but half the size you are now, both in your physical self and your understanding of that which is required of, not only a warrior, but also my son. The covenant to which I am bound, had been created by our most pious priest Edgar as a means to occlude, in great secrecy, the abdication of my brother as King of Maldur, and whose son you have come to know as being your friend, would have usurped your right to the throne on which I sit, had I not had him removed from our kingdom on the day before his eighteenth birthday. Though however callous your naïve heart may have you believe this action to be, it is essential, that you come to recognise this decision, not as one of a heartless man, but rather one of a loving father, whose love for you has had all of the obstacles that would have prevented you from becoming king dissolved. Know this, young Thor: we all have our differences, both in body and mind, but above all of these differences, you have proven yourself to be a worthy knight and your cause exemplified, and I certainly would not be mistaken in my judgement of you, were I to say that the fate the Gods have woven for you will undoubtedly have you sitting atop this very throne on which my now decaying body does sit ever since your uncle and I fought alongside each other to secure it in the battle of Loth.
Michael P
Rep:
?
Cmon man. Show me how to write like Jane Austen or someone from the 18th century. I want to write in a way that will have people annoyed...
DominicRCWC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
After having reminded ourselves of the time that had Mary supplant Edward as being the interlocutor of our seminar here
-
never heard of the word 'supplant' before but after googling it, shouldnt it be "supplanted"? past participle because you wrote "had" which means it was in the past.
DominicRCWC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Michael P)
It does but it sounds horrible so I did not use it. Your skin colour is the reason why you have not heard of this word before. I think Chinese is very difficult to learn myself.
omg lol. i was born and raised in england, london, i am british. dont be so quick to judge. gee lmao. bloody hell.
>_>
DominicRCWC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
and you cant take the d*** out of your ass. racist c***. ive never even been to china lmao, but whatever bro.
Michael P
Rep:
?
(Original post by DominicRCWC)
and you cant take the d*** out of your ass. racist c***. ive never even been to china lmao, but whatever bro.
whatever chocolate boy...
DominicRCWC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
im more caramel than chocolate but thanks.
Michael P
Rep:
?
im more caramel than chocolate but thanks.
Now you look ere. I ain't no racist. In fact, I'm all for them foreigners... Nowt wrong with them. I'll have you know I'm a liberal is me. I take my hat off to lass in our Tesco. A good worker is she. Mind you, there are some bad apples as with anything I suppose...
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
After having reminded ourselves of the time that had Mary supplant Edward as being the interlocutor of our seminar here
-
never heard of the word 'supplant' before but after googling it, shouldnt it be "supplanted"? past participle because you wrote "had" which means it was in the past.
No. It would be supplanted as below:
After having reminded ourselves of the time that Mary had supplanted Edward...

It would be supplant as below:
After having reminded ourselves of the time that had Mary supplant Edward...
Michael P
Rep:
?
Ill say this and I'll say that, I'll say nowt wrong with them foreigners, nowt wrong with them foreigners at all.
DominicRCWC
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Michael P)
Now you look ere. I ain't no racist. In fact, I'm all for them foreigners... Nowt wrong with them. I'll have you know I'm a liberal is me. I take my hat off to lass in our Tesco. A good worker is she. Mind you, there are some bad apples as with anything I suppose...
lmaoooo (y).

(Original post by morgan8002)
No. It would be supplanted as below:
After having reminded ourselves of the time that Mary had supplanted Edward...

It would be supplant as below:
After having reminded ourselves of the time that had Mary supplant Edward...
oh yeah i see that now, misread mb.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.16%
Uncertainty around my education (296)
14.99%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (209)
10.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
13.97%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.67%
Loneliness (174)
8.81%
Financial worries (71)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (87)
4.41%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.47%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.47%

Watched Threads