Advanced Higher Physics 2007 past paper question help?

Watch this thread
ah4p
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
can someone please explain the question I'm about to post under this

thnks v much in advacne i rlly appreciate any help

2007 AH Physics past paper

its just 7a)iv)A) I need help with
answer: max current is less
am I right in saying that the answer is the max current is less BECAUSE usually th number of turns would not affect max current but because the inductor has internal resistance the one with higher number of turns will have a greater resistance hence smaller current

thanks again
Attached files
ah4p
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.

can anyone explain PART C of above question from 2007 AH physics past paper question 10

thnks vv much
Attached files
ah4p
Rep:
2005 AH physics past paper

could anyone explain question 4c above?
the answer is 9.8 m/s^2

thanks
Attached files
CaitlinDy
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What's the acceleration due to gravity?
What's the acceleration with which the sphere falls considering it is not fixed to the loudspeaker?
At greater accelerations, will the sphere stay in contact with the cap considering the acceleration of the sphere?

I'd give you the actual answer but it's probably more beneficial for you to figure it out from there.
ah4p
Rep:

could someone pplease expalin how to do part b

the answer is 0.99m

thanks
Attached files
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by CaitlinDy)
What's the acceleration due to gravity?
What's the acceleration with which the sphere falls considering it is not fixed to the loudspeaker?
At greater accelerations, will the sphere stay in contact with the cap considering the acceleration of the sphere?

I'd give you the actual answer but it's probably more beneficial for you to figure it out from there.
thanks yes that makes sense now
ah4p
Rep:

explain the very last part?

thanks
Attached files
ah4p
Rep:
could someone please explain how to calculate the kinetic energy here at the rotor's running speed
the ANSWER is supposed to be 6.7×10^8J

I'm not getting that answer though
this is what I'm doing

thansk for any help
Attached files
SteelManatee
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)

can anyone explain PART C of above question from 2007 AH physics past paper question 10

thnks vv much
Yeah could someone explain this one? I do OCR physics B however this topic is tested in unit 2 so any explanation helps
I am Ace
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
GUYS THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP UP WITH, PLEASE POST THESE ON THE AH PHYS THREAD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)

explain the very last part?

thanks
How does the moment of inertia change for the spoked wheel vs the solid?

How does this affect the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)

thnks vv much
Moving the reflector away from the microphone decreases the intensity of the reflected wave as the distance to it increases.

But the intensity of the incident wave remains the same due to be microphone not moving,

Hence when the waves interfere there will be a greater amplitude difference hence this minimum won't be as much of a cancellation therefore louder

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
Yeah could someone explain this one? I do OCR physics B however this topic is tested in unit 2 so any explanation helps
Done

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)

could someone pplease expalin how to do part b

the answer is 0.99m

thanks
When no central force exists, circular motion also ceases and what motion takes place? (newtons 1st law)

Since there is a vertical component to this motion, what motion from higher are we dealing with?

Remember SUVAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
can someone please explain the question I'm about to post under this

thnks v much in advacne i rlly appreciate any help

2007 AH Physics past paper

its just 7a)iv)A) I need help with
answer: max current is less
am I right in saying that the answer is the max current is less BECAUSE usually th number of turns would not affect max current but because the inductor has internal resistance the one with higher number of turns will have a greater resistance hence smaller current

thanks again
Yes it's because it does have an internal resistance

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah4p
Rep:
(Original post by I am Ace)
Yes it's because it does have an internal resistance

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks
so is this always true for inductors that the more turns they have the greater internal resisatnce (if it has resistance)?
SteelManatee
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks, also for b part i, is there a node formed at the loudspeaker and a node formed at the reflector? I can't figure out if this is the fundamental frequency so can't work out the wavelength
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ah4p)
thanks
so is this always true for inductors that the more turns they have the greater internal resisatnce (if it has resistance)?
Yes, due to increasing length of wire and the wire itself provides the resistance.

Also resistance for inductors and capacitors is called reactance

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am Ace
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
Thanks, also for b part i, is there a node formed at the loudspeaker and a node formed at the reflector? I can't figure out if this is the fundamental frequency so can't work out the wavelength
Yes that is the nature of standing waves

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (92)
19.96%
The paper was reasonable (176)
38.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.81%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
16.05%

Watched Threads