50%
LSE (4)
50%
StevieBerko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I firmed an offer for LSE for Phil and Econ last week on Thursday, however today I've just got off the wait list for the University of Chicago, and I think I'm going mad. Basically I need some advice:

A bit of background is that I was born in the US and moved when I was just a baby to London and have lived here now for 17 years. If I was studying at LSE I'd move out, but I feel like I may still be a bit too close to home. Adversely, I've got a decent part-time job here, more connections, and I know for sure I'd have a decent experience.

Meanwhile Chicago presents itself as a brand new experience, known for being a ridiculously tough experience, but at the same time one that's extremely rewarding. The undergrad experience would also be completely different.

Both universities have a great economics department, and would give me a great education - but the problem is I need to pick one - by the end of the weekend!

All advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Stephen
mm14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I voted for LSE on the basis that I assume it will be cheaper for you but to be frank I recommend you visit both as much as you can to see which you prefer
StevieBerko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by mm14)
I voted for LSE on the basis that I assume it will be cheaper for you but to be frank I recommend you visit both as much as you can to see which you prefer
Thanks for your advice, probably should have added I was offered some financial aid from UChicago, so it wouldn't be significantly more expensive than LSE when taking into accounts the cost of living in London, so I'm not letting that be a huge factor in determining my decision.
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by StevieBerko)
I firmed an offer for LSE for Phil and Econ last week on Thursday, however today I've just got off the wait list for the University of Chicago, and I think I'm going mad. Basically I need some advice:

A bit of background is that I was born in the US and moved when I was just a baby to London and have lived here now for 17 years. If I was studying at LSE I'd move out, but I feel like I may still be a bit too close to home. Adversely, I've got a decent part-time job here, more connections, and I know for sure I'd have a decent experience.

Meanwhile Chicago presents itself as a brand new experience, known for being a ridiculously tough experience, but at the same time one that's extremely rewarding. The undergrad experience would also be completely different.

Both universities have a great economics department, and would give me a great education - but the problem is I need to pick one - by the end of the weekend!

All advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Stephen
Go UChic man. My cousin is there currently and is loving every moment of it.

Their Econ department definitely rivals LSE - with the added benefit of you experiencing a new environment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (441)
56.25%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.75%

Watched Threads