The Student Room Group

Applying for Uni for September 2016

I will be applying for university this year to join in 2016 and I have a few questions... Is it not recommended to apply for a wide variety of courses? I guess it's because it will be quite difficult to write a personal statement suited to all courses? It is just that I currently don't know what I want to study and have a few options in mind which are quite different...
also I have been looking at vocational courses which require work experience most of the time and I am wondering in general do academic courses expect that too? Or are they not so bothered about the personal statement and work experience and more interested in results?
Hi I applied for two different course(psychology and zoology with a foundation) this time round having done a year on a totally different degree(fashion) and got offers from all four unis I applied to :smile:, I think if you have work experience that's relevant its good but if not a passion for the subject and showing you've made an effort to do work outside of school in that subject is always good too :smile: Plus about the personal statement a lot of uni's let you send in an alternative personal statement if you're applying for different courses. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending