Want more information about this university?
LizzyMW96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have A-levels in biology, chemistry and maths all at grade B and have applied to study pharmacy.
When i applied through UCAS i intended to retake modules in biology and maths to try and achieve As but realistically this was not possible, so i am no longer retaking.
I have received and unconditional offer from the University of Portsmouth but i also have and offer from the University of Birmingham which is conditional on achieving grade A in both maths and biology.
I was thinking of firming Birmingham and putting Portsmouth as my insurance but having researched i have realised that if i do this i probably wont get halls in Portsmouth.
I really want to go to Birmingham but i also wouldn't mind going to Portsmouth. Does anyone know what the chances of me getting into Birmingham with BBB are? Considering they have offered me a place with the conditions of AAB.
I want to firm Birmingham because I'm hoping they will let me in with my lower grades but then i also want to live in halls if i end up going to Portsmouth.
Does anyone study Pharmacy at Birmingham now? Did you miss your offer/ what grades did you achieve?
Eleanor_94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LizzyMW96)
I have A-levels in biology, chemistry and maths all at grade B and have applied to study pharmacy.
When i applied through UCAS i intended to retake modules in biology and maths to try and achieve As but realistically this was not possible, so i am no longer retaking.
I have received and unconditional offer from the University of Portsmouth but i also have and offer from the University of Birmingham which is conditional on achieving grade A in both maths and biology.
I was thinking of firming Birmingham and putting Portsmouth as my insurance but having researched i have realised that if i do this i probably wont get halls in Portsmouth.
I really want to go to Birmingham but i also wouldn't mind going to Portsmouth. Does anyone know what the chances of me getting into Birmingham with BBB are? Considering they have offered me a place with the conditions of AAB.
I want to firm Birmingham because I'm hoping they will let me in with my lower grades but then i also want to live in halls if i end up going to Portsmouth.
Does anyone study Pharmacy at Birmingham now? Did you miss your offer/ what grades did you achieve?
Hello LizzyMW96, I am a second year Psychology student at the University of Birmingham. I think it's really important to firm the University you think you realistically can get to and that you will have the best experience at. Seeing as the grades for Pharmacy are AAB I think it's quite a risk. The facilities to study Pharmacy at Birmingham are fantastic but it is just whether you want to risk it. I can completely relate to the stress of getting accommodation sorted on top of choosing a university and revision, so I can see how this is really tricky for you. It may be worth contacting the undergraduate office for Pharmacy and asking their opinion. However,it is completely up to you; Birmingham really is a fantastic university but I'm sure Portsmouth is too. It may also reassure you if you contacted the accommodation services at Portsmouth and got their opinion on where you would realistically be living if you had it as your insurance. I wish you the best of luck with everything and if you have any further questions about Birmingham or university life please do not hesitate to contact me! Eleanor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads