DTonesXD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Don't know if this is the right section but i have a question

if i hand in my phone to an invigilator and it goes off, will i get in trouble even if i handed it in? i am debating on whether i should take my phone on exam day or not. It doesn't have a removable battery so can't do that to be on the "safe side".
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Speaking as an invigilator, yes, you can.

If in doubt, don't take it.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It is your responsibility to ensure your alarm etc is off before handing it to the invigilator.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are better of not taking your phone to the exam or alternatively switch off any alarms etc.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DTonesXD)

if i hand in my phone to an invigilator and it goes off, will i get in trouble even if i handed it in? i am debating on whether i should take my phone on exam day or not. It doesn't have a removable battery so can't do that to be on the "safe side".
Turn it off - we keep them at the front of the room and if one rings we take it out of the room!

If its not in your possession then there is not a real issue - the box is declared an area 'not in the exam room'.
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Put the phone into flight mode, silent, and switch off any alarms to be safe. Maybe leave it with a friend or tutor if you absolutely must have it but are worried anyway
an_atheist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Leave it at home. Problem solved
German123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DTonesXD)

This is exactly what happened in my maths exam and the person did get into trouble.

It is better to be safe than sorry.
binarythoughts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're meant to turn them off before giving them in.
SmallDuck
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once in one of my exams, the invigilator's phone went off! He didn't throw himself out, funnily enough.
*SweaterWeather*
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Take the phone into school so that you can contact your school if you're running late or something ^-^ But then leave it in a locker or something away from the exam room so that nothing can go wrong at all
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't take it in if you're worried, I get extra anxiety in the exam room worrying my phone will go off so I am planning to just leave it at home lol.
DTonesXD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks for the information guys, I'll just leave it at home then. Like German123 said, it is better to be safe than sorry
I would leave it with another teacher but what if they leave their room before i finish the exam haha. So yeh, at home it is :P
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't take it in at all. Even if you've handed it in to the invigilator and it's in a box at the front then and goes off, then you may not be allowed to do that exam and you could be disqualified from all the other ones. If you want to bring it in then leave it in your locker or give it in to the reception to look after whilst you do the exam and collect it after.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (186)
58.31%
I don't have everything I need (133)
41.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise