University of Stirling - how good is it, honestly?

Watch
Student903
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi, i am applying to stirling starting september 2015 for International Management, and was wondering how good this university is for this course?
What initially got me interested in Stirling was the semester or year studying abroad thing. But is that really as good and useful as it sounds?
Also how are the people there generally?
And the main question is how soon should you apply for the accommodation? I still need to take my AP exams, and i will get into stirling only if i pass, so i need to wait to get the results first and only then apply for accommodation if i get in.
Also any suggestions to which building might be the cheapest but most comfortable?

Thank you very much
LHolmes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,
I've nearly finished first year at Stirling. It has been incredible, met so many friends, joined so many clubs. I stayed in the worst halls, with the most people, the smallest fridge. But it didn't matter because I had a great time socially. You also learn to adapt as well. Next year , I am part of the Freshers team so I will be showing you freshers around.

In answer to your questions. I take history therefore I cannot comment on how good the international management course is. Your best bet is to join the Freshers page below and ask. Many people that I have talked to have been pleased about the year or semester abroad. There's lots of different countries that you can go to as well, some of extremely high standard such as University of Sydney. The people at Stirling are the nicest people I have met. The moment I arrived at Stirling(also Scotland), the atmosphere is calm and the people are extremely inviting. I recommend applying for accommodation ASAP. I got the worst halls called Geddes court but also the cheapest. I would recommend either Donnelly, Muirhead, Fraser or Andrew Stewart Hall(most expensive but the best).

I am part of the Freshers team in 2015. So if you have any questions about the university, feel free to ask. Also, if you haven't already, you should keep updated with Freshers 2015 updates via Facebook. Click on the link below

https://www.facebook.com/stirlingfreshers2015?fref=ts
Lintu93
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not the best university but nowhere near being the worst.

The courses aren't too challenging, the accommodation is cheap (if you avoid the expensive new ones!), the people are friendly, the atmosphere is great. From my experience there is a lot of support available from the management school if you need it (you just need to ask) and the management school modules tend to be run well. Most people I know have had plenty of time to get involved in extra-curricular activities or sports teams (which have a pretty big presence on campus).

The study abroad element is quite popular and you can get the opportunity to study at some really good universities.
Student903
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What would you say are the downsides to Stirling? And do you know how good the course International management and intercultural studies is? Also where do most people go for the study abroad program?
Whenever I hear about Stirling, its always about the pretty view and the sports part of it, how good/bad is the education part of it?
Grungegurgle
Badges: 0
Report 6 years ago
Anyone doing postgraduate in Stirling?
BCMFM16
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sure everyone who gets a place here has made a Stirling effort to do so.
Yevzelpaco
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Grungegurgle)
Anyone doing postgraduate in Stirling?
This guy is. Sustainable Aquaculture. Just got my contract to live in Thistle chambers as well so thats really exciting
Student903
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, so i just got a room in Muirhead. Anyone know how it looks like? There are no pictures in the stirling site so i am really curious.
Yevzelpaco
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This guy is!
ebowey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know them to be an outstanding university, and Stirling is one of my choices for postgraduate studies when I graduate from Durham.
SausageMan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's good off campus for integrated degree and living in halls, having the best time of my life! Ha
Kirosh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yevzelpaco)
This guy is. Sustainable Aquaculture. Just got my contract to live in Thistle chambers as well so thats really exciting
I am applied fi M.Sc in sustainable aquaculture... is my choice is correct to study at Stirling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (86)
26.22%
England (110)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.23%
Germany (39)
11.89%
Spain (6)
1.83%