The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omalik
Yeah i think that's just for old higher. Please be good with your questions SQA! And good luck :smile:

Thanks, mate and good luck to you to!!!! :biggrin: Here is hoping the SQA will be nice to us for once and give us great questions!
Reply 41
URGENT HELP!!- Please help me guys, my teacher has just told me there is a chance there could be a question on comparing FPTP and Party List but i don't know the advantages and only a couple of disadvantages of it as we've had 1 lesson on it. I've already done essay plans on STV and AMS.
Thanks guys.
Original post by omalik
URGENT HELP!!- Please help me guys, my teacher has just told me there is a chance there could be a question on comparing FPTP and Party List but i don't know the advantages and only a couple of disadvantages of it as we've had 1 lesson on it. I've already done essay plans on STV and AMS.
Thanks guys.

Never have I ever seen a question of that sort appear. I am praying it won't. When did your teacher say this?
Reply 43
Original post by omalik
Thanks guys.

Hey! My teacher said that because of the wording on the Modern Studies course guidelines it doesn't actually specify which voting systems we have to study. Meaning that a question could only ask us to compare to voting system! Not a specific two! Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 44
Hi yes it does. Is this old higher?
Reply 45
Original post by omalik
Hi yes it does. Is this old higher?

New higher.
Reply 46
Original post by samsam9797
I'm doing the new higher modern studies and I really want Voting Behavior to come up as many of you have predicted. However, I don't actually think it will come up as it is in 2 of the model paper questions and SQA tend to not put the same questions in the book and the exam I have a really bad feeling voting systems won't be in it either as its in the Specimen and Model 3. I think SQA are going to pull one heck of a shocker of questions and go out with a bang!

They know they are getting to predictable and are going to shock every one with weird questions, which I really hope i'm wrong as I want an A really badly.

let's hop i'm wrong haha!

I think voting behaviour or voting systems will definitely come up as they are the only two topics my teacher has taught me for democracy in Scotland and the UK.. So if they don't come up then I am well and truly screwed.
Hi, is anyone doing China as a world power and have any suggestions for what essays could come up??
I am so not passing this and I want an A. Had to do a topic a day due to exam timetable . Anyone doing African development for their international topic ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Bryony.Mole6
I am so not passing this and I want an A. Had to do a topic a day due to exam timetable . Anyone doing African development for their international topic ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just give it this one last push and give it your all, that's what i'm doing, and then once you've given it your all I'm sure you'll get your A :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by LWilson14
Hi, is anyone doing China as a world power and have any suggestions for what essays could come up??

Hi, i'm guessing it's most likely to be Little Opposition to CCP, Little demand for political change because of social and economic freedom. If not then government policies to reduce social and economic inequalities or democracy/human rights. Almost certain it wont be social and economic success benefitting the Chinese people as it came up last year and a few times before that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending