The Student Room Group

So stressed

Exams are coming i am so stressed I feel bad because my tantrums due to the stress screaming and crying probably upset my mum I feel bad because she is always so patient and kind she is having a hard time at work stressed but yet she is always clam and never screams at me because of it. I work so hard in art I want to be a dcotor it was my worst decision the teacher said you might get a low b you know what i come everyday after school for 1-2 hours working hard and this is all I am worth ??

I want to be a doctor but I want still a good grade I am very upset because I am very hard working and I deserve a good grade as well as she never is understanding with my stress and just piles up the work sorry but I have a weekend I can spend sometime on art but for the weekend i want couple hours to spend with my mum and sister. Also when I went for holidays in easter far I will not be sitting drawing palm trees on my holiday if my mum paid money for us ot go so far then i will enjoy myself because if I spent all time on art there then I might as well stay in the uk because it would make no difference only the weather.

I am very upset I know stress is bad and its showing on my face. I do not care how i look but cold sores hurt and I am just upset i need to focus on other subjects. But I want still a good grade as it will look good on a sixform aplication.
Original post by Maria1812
Exams are coming i am so stressed I feel bad because my tantrums due to the stress screaming and crying probably upset my mum I feel bad because she is always so patient and kind she is having a hard time at work stressed but yet she is always clam and never screams at me because of it. I work so hard in art I want to be a dcotor it was my worst decision the teacher said you might get a low b you know what i come everyday after school for 1-2 hours working hard and this is all I am worth ??

I want to be a doctor but I want still a good grade I am very upset because I am very hard working and I deserve a good grade as well as she never is understanding with my stress and just piles up the work sorry but I have a weekend I can spend sometime on art but for the weekend i want couple hours to spend with my mum and sister. Also when I went for holidays in easter far I will not be sitting drawing palm trees on my holiday if my mum paid money for us ot go so far then i will enjoy myself because if I spent all time on art there then I might as well stay in the uk because it would make no difference only the weather.

I am very upset I know stress is bad and its showing on my face. I do not care how i look but cold sores hurt and I am just upset i need to focus on other subjects. But I want still a good grade as it will look good on a sixform aplication.

first of all calm down,you can do this :smile: you have a couple of weeks til exams for the final push...keep working hard im 100% sure you can prove your teacher wrong and get an A* - i was predicted a B in maths gcse but i got an A* because i worked hard, which subject is the one you are talking about?...my friends did art last year and it drove them mad, how about listening to revision videos whilst doing it so youre not missing out on revision?
make a timetable and stick to it so you make sure that youre spending some time doing revision for all your subjects, you could take next week off school to catch up with revision if youre allowed to?
dont let yourself get too stressed, and explain to your mum why youre having these tantrums im sure she'll understand

good luck x
Fristly, sending you some e-hugs. you need them :frown: Don't worry, most people get extremely stressed over their grades come exam time. The fact you feel this way just means you care, which is very good.

Now for the bit you're going to yell at me for... do more.

* You do 2 hours of work after school? How much of time between getting home and falling asleep is there for you? Make it 80% work if you're not achieving the grade you want.
* The work piles up. Get used to it and get it done. You may spend 5 hours on a project and hand it in when they give you 2 more to do, only to hand your first one back. This happens in the real world. Be thankful the teacher isn't BS'ing you by saying it's good enough for the grade you want.
* Don't want to work during your holiday? get it all done beforehand then. Devote every waking hour to doing your work and complete it to a high standard. If you plan to sit around on your holiday, take that free time from the time you want to sit around at home.
* You want good grades, you have to work for them. Not to scare you, but if you won't put in the effort here then sixth form is going to eat you alive.

Just for reference, my A-Level design project ate me alive compared to how care-less I took my GCSE's. In order to even pass I ended up agreeing with the caretaker to be let into the building at 7am. I'd work 7-6 every day in the workshop, then arrive home at 6:30 and work on my e-portfolio until 2 am every single night, weekends included. I went crazy, I cried myself to suicidal thoughts and raged more than a toddler in a tiara. But I got my A*. More importantly, I learned just what it means to devote yourself to a project.

You want to be a doctor? Realise that as a doctor there are no half measures. You don't let a patient die because you've worked enough for that day and want to see your family. Use this as a chance to improve your work ethic and willpower. See each assignment as a patient, and the due date as a time of death. If it's not done by then, the "patient" dies. If you didn't "treat the patient" (do the work) to a high enough standard, the patient will still die.

Hope this is some help. Let's end on a high note. "You can do it, put your back into it!" :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by yasmin#2
first of all calm down,you can do this :smile: you have a couple of weeks til exams for the final push...keep working hard im 100% sure you can prove your teacher wrong and get an A* - i was predicted a B in maths gcse but i got an A* because i worked hard, which subject is the one you are talking about?...my friends did art last year and it drove them mad, how about listening to revision videos whilst doing it so youre not missing out on revision?
make a timetable and stick to it so you make sure that youre spending some time doing revision for all your subjects, you could take next week off school to catch up with revision if youre allowed to?
dont let yourself get too stressed, and explain to your mum why youre having these tantrums im sure she'll understand

good luck x

My exam is in 4 days
Reply 4
Original post by Skyy9432
Fristly, sending you some e-hugs. you need them :frown: Don't worry, most people get extremely stressed over their grades come exam time. The fact you feel this way just means you care, which is very good.

Now for the bit you're going to yell at me for... do more.

* You do 2 hours of work after school? How much of time between getting home and falling asleep is there for you? Make it 80% work if you're not achieving the grade you want.
* The work piles up. Get used to it and get it done. You may spend 5 hours on a project and hand it in when they give you 2 more to do, only to hand your first one back. This happens in the real world. Be thankful the teacher isn't BS'ing you by saying it's good enough for the grade you want.
* Don't want to work during your holiday? get it all done beforehand then. Devote every waking hour to doing your work and complete it to a high standard. If you plan to sit around on your holiday, take that free time from the time you want to sit around at home.
* You want good grades, you have to work for them. Not to scare you, but if you won't put in the effort here then sixth form is going to eat you alive.

Just for reference, my A-Level design project ate me alive compared to how care-less I took my GCSE's. In order to even pass I ended up agreeing with the caretaker to be let into the building at 7am. I'd work 7-6 every day in the workshop, then arrive home at 6:30 and work on my e-portfolio until 2 am every single night, weekends included. I went crazy, I cried myself to suicidal thoughts and raged more than a toddler in a tiara. But I got my A*. More importantly, I learned just what it means to devote yourself to a project.

You want to be a doctor? Realise that as a doctor there are no half measures. You don't let a patient die because you've worked enough for that day and want to see your family. Use this as a chance to improve your work ethic and willpower. See each assignment as a patient, and the due date as a time of death. If it's not done by then, the "patient" dies. If you didn't "treat the patient" (do the work) to a high enough standard, the patient will still die.

Hope this is some help. Let's end on a high note. "You can do it, put your back into it!" :biggrin:

So I get home at 5 when I eat dinner and change clothing then it is 6 then I work on my other subjects its 7 I bathe and I watch a bit tv and might do more work and at 9:00 I prepare for bed and at 9:30-10 I am in bed it takes a while for me to prepare for bed.
Original post by Maria1812
My exam is in 4 days

okay, dont worry - just do what you can ...perhaps extend your revision hours?

i also suggest getting off tsr for the exam period, its quite distracting i think

prioritise your other subjects over your art gcse because you dont want one gcse thats irrelevant to what you want to do in the future to affect your others, breathe...AND LETS DO THIS GURL :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest