Revision advice please! Watch

VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently doing A-Level Philosophy and I have the following exams coming up:

AS - PHIL1 on 14th May
AS - PHIL2 on 18th May
A2 - PHIL3 on 4th June
A2 - PHIL4 on 10th June

Currently, I am revising for units 1 and 2, since I will have a 17 day period in which to study PHIL3 and then 6 days on just PHIL4, which is essentially the size of half a unit (I already know the entire course well and have made three revision passes already; this is just for the exam period). I have comprehensive notes on the lot on my PC, and I know them all well, especially for units 1 and 2, and my essays are generally A/A*, so this is not a 'improve grades' problem.

However, the problem that I am facing is that I feel as if I'm peaking too early. I have almost finished all of the exam papers for units 1 and 2 and know practically all of the notes (to the point where looking through them is boring), but I still have roughly two weeks until the exam. Obviously, I need to keep revising, but I'm really not sure what to do.

Should relax my revision workload and keep the notes fresh, but nothing hardcore (no more than 3 hours per day)? If I do this, will I be wasting precious revision time, and so should I be revising harder than usual, despite the fact that I am really starting to get bored of it?

This may be the kind of thing that you can only answer for yourself, but any advice on the matter would be much appreciated.

VannR
Rep:
?
Bump
faizayasmin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by VannR)
I'm currently doing A-Level Philosophy and I have the following exams coming up:

AS - PHIL1 on 14th May
AS - PHIL2 on 18th May
A2 - PHIL3 on 4th June
A2 - PHIL4 on 10th June

Currently, I am revising for units 1 and 2, since I will have a 17 day period in which to study PHIL3 and then 6 days on just PHIL4, which is essentially the size of half a unit (I already know the entire course well and have made three revision passes already; this is just for the exam period). I have comprehensive notes on the lot on my PC, and I know them all well, especially for units 1 and 2, and my essays are generally A/A*, so this is not a 'improve grades' problem.

However, the problem that I am facing is that I feel as if I'm peaking too early. I have almost finished all of the exam papers for units 1 and 2 and know practically all of the notes (to the point where looking through them is boring), but I still have roughly two weeks until the exam. Obviously, I need to keep revising, but I'm really not sure what to do.

Should relax my revision workload and keep the notes fresh, but nothing hardcore (no more than 3 hours per day)? If I do this, will I be wasting precious revision time, and so should I be revising harder than usual, despite the fact that I am really starting to get bored of it?

This may be the kind of thing that you can only answer for yourself, but any advice on the matter would be much appreciated.
One day before the exam, you could help me become prepared
:afraid:
VannR
Rep:
?
(Original post by faizayasmin)
One day before the exam, you could help me become prepared
:afraid:
Write essay plans for an essay on every major topic that they could ask you about and a final reading of your notes. No more time for writing full essays or making extensive note revisions; proper planning is what you now need, provided that you have a secure knowledge base.

This is what I'm doing right now .
faizayasmin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How would you go about answering a question involving apriori intuition/demonstration and kant's conceptual schema?

So I know Hume's copy principle/sense and references

I don't fully understand phenoumenas and noumenas. Are they just other words for what is conceptual (noumena, reality) and experienced (phenoumena)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads