The Student Room Group

A-Levels start in two weeks.. I haven't started revision yet. Help!

As the title says, i haven't started my AS revision yet.
I'm doing A-levels in biology, chemistry, maths and further maths. So this year I have 12 exams because I'm doing maths AS and A2 in a year. If I start now, will I be able to get 95UMS+ in all my exams? Aiming for Cambridge.

thank you!

Edited: I do physics as well, idk how I forgot that :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by suzyyyyxo
I'm doing A-levels in biology, chemistry, maths and further maths. So this year I have 12 exams because I'm doing maths AS and A2 in a year. If I start now, will I be able to get 95UMS+ in all my exams? Aiming for Cambridge.

thank you!

No.
Original post by Nidfeo
No.

Potato.
Reply 3
Original post by Nidfeo
No.

really? I mean, I've been getting above 85% in all the mocks I've had in the last week, mainly from what I remember from class

thank you!

Last year I did not start revising until a week or so before each exam and I got ABCD and I did bio and chem (B/C RESPECTIVELY) You can manage it if you revise 6 hours a day from now on and make sure it is productive. For your subjects you need to do all the exam style questions in the text book (assuming aqa for science) and ALL past papers dont bother with notes it is not worth it especially now watcj youtube videos and practice practice practice!! good luck remember you can always retake if it doesnt go to plan :smile:
Reply 5
You might be able to get low/mid As if all you need to do is practise, not 95UMS+. If you have to go over information AND practise, then sorry no.
Nothing is impossible. There is still time. I know it sounds cliche but it's true. There was a kid who got 17 A levels in 1 year. Stop telling yourself it's impossible. Do every single past paper for every single exam since 2005. Stop making pretty notes - it's a WASTE OF TIME. Hardcore PAST PAPERS - do several a day. And your "brain doesn't shut off after 30 mins" stop using it as an excuse and man up. Do you want to go to Cambridge or not?
Reply 7
Maths and Further Maths will definitely be possible, considering you sound very good at maths. However, I will also point out that Cambridge gave feedback to my friend who was rejected for Maths this year, saying that his further maths result was 'concerning' despite only dropping 10 UMS - you should be aiming for full UMS
I doubt you'd be able to get above 95 UMS in biology and chemistry (not impossible though), as there's just so much content to learn, but it's certainly possible for maths/further maths. I'd suggest 85-90 UMS would be a more realistic target for the sciences. If you're naturally intelligent and have been doing very well in mocks throughout the year, then 2 weeks revision can be enough. Not everyone needs to do hardcore studying months in advance!

thank you!

your not the only one :colondollar:
Original post by BioStudentx
Nothing is impossible. There is still time. I know it sounds cliche but it's true. There was a kid who got 17 A levels in 1 year. Stop telling yourself it's impossible. Do every single past paper for every single exam since 2005. Stop making pretty notes - it's a WASTE OF TIME. Hardcore PAST PAPERS - do several a day. And your "brain doesn't shut off after 30 mins" stop using it as an excuse and man up. Do you want to go to Cambridge or not?

Another guy got 22 so yes I agree :smile:
Ignore those saying you cant do it. A levels are mainly dependent on understanding last year i did minimal revision and remembered stuff from class so work hard and you can achieve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
depends on who you are. most people, id say the likehood is -100%. but you seem to be doing well, 85%. you may be able to improve.
Reply 13

thank you!

I did exactly this (plus physics) last year, it is perfectly possible depending on how well you retain information. If you can remember most of the stuff already you'll probably be fine if you cram now. The key is to stay pretty calm about everything (but still do work!).

A lot of people are saying don't wasting time making notes, but you might find it useful to go through and just make notes of the things you can't already remember. It makes your cramming much faster/easier because you don't have to flip through stacks of notes - you can fit everything onto a few pages.

Focus on past papers for maths, they're the most useful thing for it, but as long as you haven't had problems with exam technique in Biology and Chemistry then learning the content might be more of a priority there unless you've barely touched papers for them this year.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 14
Thought I'd update this thread: I got AAAA and 95+ UMS in biology, maths and further maths and then an A in C3 but chemistry pulled me down so I didn't apply to Cambridge :frown: Moral of the story- Start revising earlier
(edited 8 years ago)
get your backside up and start revising there's still time
Reply 16
Original post by ...imrah

Haha this is an old thread :tongue:
Original post by ...imrah

This was for last years exams m8. Lmfao.
Haha this is an old thread :tongue:

:embarrassed:
Original post by High Stakes
This was for last years exams m8. Lmfao.

:getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest