Accommodation Question from Study Abroad student

Watch
KayVee91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm a Study Abroad student coming from Australia starting in September. I'm applying for accommodation soon and I don't know where to choose.

I'm a 3rd year student and I'm 24. I'd like to live with people around my age but I don't want to miss out on the social aspect of living on campus (I don't live on campus in Australia). Does Oadby have people around my age? or are they all around 18?

Also can any other current or previous Study Abroad students tell me how one semester contracts work? Everywhere I've looked shows that they only offer 30 to 42 week contracts, which is obviously to long, but I've also been guaranteed accommodation for when I'm there.

Thanks!
Kelsey265
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In oadby it is mostly 19/20 year olds, there are a few older international students dotted around however and people who have taken time out, I'm 22 and it hasn't been too much of a problem. Join lots of societies to meet older students here I would reccomend.You can get accommodation for just the one semester if your an international student, not sure how it works though
Prodigy Living
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi KayVee,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in; have you considered Grosvenor House? Although it is about a 15 minute walk to your campus, we do run regular social events for our residents.

Additionally, our residents are a mixture of undergraduates and postgraduates, and you able to choose your preference of who you would like to live with.
Chida
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey KayVee,

I m glad to see that I m not the only one having a problem with the contract-lenght :-) I already asked the accommodation team, but no response.. So I decided to choose a 42 weeks contract.. As from February I m not a Leicester-student anymore, so the contract will automatically be cancelled.. At least this is what I think

Besides that the standard single room is just my plan B.. I m hoping to find something else soon..
Chida
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey KayVee,

I am glad to hear that you have the same contract-lenght-problems as me :-)).. I asked the accommodation-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads