Mastermind1000000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want to cancel my OCR Latin GCSE entries this June. First exam is on 19/05/2015, I am going to fail miserably.... Any Info if i can cancel my entry?!?!
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
please someone respond asap
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Best thing to do is to speak to your exam coordinator ASAP. I am pretty sure you can't, but it's worth asking I guess
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamCee)
Best thing to do is to speak to your exam coordinator ASAP. I am pretty sure you can't, but it's worth asking I guess
I can`t until Tuesday

I`m going to fail...
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
might as well try and fail then have to pay to get out of an exam that you could have got a grade in
Green22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind1000000)
I can`t until Tuesday

I`m going to fail...
Don't say that.

The most important thing is that you try your best.

I felt like you but with History GCSE but gave it a shot and did better than I thought.
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Green22)
Don't say that.

The most important thing is that you try your best.

I felt like you but with History GCSE but gave it a shot and did better than I thought.
I`ve done past papers and the highest marks I`m getting are ~40% = E
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
might as well try and fail then have to pay to get out of an exam that you could have got a grade in
I`d rather pay than have an E grade on my results sheet
tuck91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I want to cancel my OCR Latin GCSE entries this June. First exam is on 19/05/2015, I am going to fail miserably.... Any Info if i can cancel my entry?!?!
If you don't turn up you get an X on results day and don't have to declare it through UCAS when applying to uni etc., but have to pay your school. Alternatively, you could turn up to it and not try, get a U, and then you won't have to pay your school, and I believe you only have to declare A*-G through UCAS anyway.
Green22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I`ve done past papers and the highest marks I`m getting are ~40% = E
I don't know what GCSE Latin is lihe but when I did my actual GcsecGerman I did better than ever as in mocks I use to get Es and was predicted to fail.
For some reason though I still sat the higher paper and overall was three marks off a B.

So, as long as you try your best, that is all that matters because later on you won't regret it.

I hope things work out.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I`d rather pay than have an E grade on my results sheet
An E is better than a U or having an X and wasting an exam that you could have gotten a decent grade in.
If it makes you feel better i did my gcses years ago and all my grades turned out better than any mocks i did, i should have failed english lit and ended up with a D
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
An E is better than a U or having an X and wasting an exam that you could have gotten a decent grade in.
If it makes you feel better i did my gcses years ago and all my grades turned out better than any mocks i did, i should have failed english lit and ended up with a D
The thing is that I am getting the E in the first paper- which is the easiest out of the 4 Latin papers... I haven`t even looked the syllabus for the last 2 papers and they are supposed to be the hardest.

I`m predicted 9 A* GCSE + A** in Further Maths + A in additional Maths, which I am 99% sure I can achieve, and then I have Latin which will destroy everything that looks good on my UCAS. Do you know if I can be pulled from the exam completely, as though I was never intended to sit it?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The thing is that I am getting the E in the first paper- which is the easiest out of the 4 Latin papers... I haven`t even looked the syllabus for the last 2 papers and they are supposed to be the hardest.

I`m predicted 9 A* GCSE + A** in Further Maths + A in additional Maths, which I am 99% sure I can achieve, and then I have Latin which will destroy everything that looks good on my UCAS. Do you know if I can be pulled from the exam completely, as though I was never intended to sit it?
nope its not possible to do that after you ve already been entered.
I didnt get straight As but no one cared i had one D once i d got 12 gcses higher than C's, had 4 a's and 2 a*s . Its too late now so its up to you to decide what looks better the fact you didnt try to sit an exam or you tried and at least got a grade.
Damien_Dalgaard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

In on subtle brag, ad maths is easy though :yep:
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
In on subtle brag, ad maths is easy though :yep:
Urgh sry if it sounds like a brag but I`m serious

I don`t want a freaking E or U in one subject ruining all my hard work in other subjects :mad:
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The mock I did for my GCSE latin I failed, too. In fact I got a U two months before we took the paper.
I got a B in one paper and an A in the other, giving me an A overall.

Imo I would take it, there were a few others in my class that were the same as me and came out with A/A*
XMaramena
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Remember you don't have to put on your CV that you failed Latin, just don't mention it at all.
SOSBrigade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)
Remember you don't have to put on your CV that you failed Latin, just don't mention it at all.
You do have to put it on ucas though.
XMaramena
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SOSBrigade)
You do have to put it on ucas though.
I wouldn't know about UCAS, I've never used it.
Mastermind1000000
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamCee)
The mock I did for my GCSE latin I failed, too. In fact I got a U two months before we took the paper.
I got a B in one paper and an A in the other, giving me an A overall.

Imo I would take it, there were a few others in my class that were the same as me and came out with A/A*
But my exam is in 3 weeks and I am getting D`s and E`s in the past papers....

FML I actually don`t care anymore, just giving up. If I`m gonna get a D ok, I don`t care anymore. FML

EDIT: Uh sorry for sounding so negative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.34%
England (97)
33.56%
Belgium (25)
8.65%
Germany (37)
12.8%
Spain (5)
1.73%