The Student Room Group

Can I cancel my GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
nope its not possible to do that after you ve already been entered.

It is possible to be withdrawn right up to the exam and a bit beyond.
Original post by Compost

So I can contact OCR now and ask not to be entered?!?!?!?!!?!?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Original post by Mastermind1000000
So I can contact OCR now and ask not to be entered?!?!?!?!!?!?!

No, you will have to persude your school and then your exams officer will withdraw you.
Original post by Compost
No, you will have to persude your school and then your exams officer will withdraw you.

I changed my mind about quitting :colondollar:

Oh well, thnx anyway :P
Original post by Compost

I stand corrected, my secondary school refused to do that even if you paid the entry fee back for them
Original post by claireestelle
I stand corrected, my secondary school refused to do that even if you paid the entry fee back for them

Schools are very relcutant to do it - they have generally invested a couple of years into teaching you as well as the exam fee and if they let anyone who felt like it withdraw it would be hard to motivate many of the others into putting sufficient work in. However, the exam boards will let you withdraw right up to mid July.
Original post by Compost
Schools are very relcutant to do it - they have generally invested a couple of years into teaching you as well as the exam fee and if they let anyone who felt like it withdraw it would be hard to motivate many of the others into putting sufficient work in. However, the exam boards will let you withdraw right up to mid July.

I think I just felt my school not letting me withdraw when I had a relative who d had to be resuscitated a few hours before a day I had 3 exams, was a bit unreasonable. I got Us in 2 of them so made no difference them making me do them in the end :tongue:
Reply 27
I`d rather pay than have an E grade on my results sheet :s-smilie:

Why? I got an E in history - hasn't stopped me from doing what I wanna do
Original post by Andy98
Why? I got an E in history - hasn't stopped me from doing what I wanna do

I just said in my last post I changed my mind :tongue:

I don`t really care anymore, I just realised how much I`ve been stressing over the past few days about something as insignificant as GCSE`s :colondollar:
Reply 29
I just said in my last post I changed my mind :tongue:

I don`t really care anymore, I just realised how much I`ve been stressing over the past few days about something as insignificant as GCSE`s :colondollar:

Fair enough, didn't see that.

Yeah GCSEs are a piece of piss compared to everything else :tongue:
Original post by Andy98
Fair enough, didn't see that.

Yeah GCSEs are a piece of piss compared to everything else :tongue:

:biggrin:
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
No. No. No.

Oh, nice username.

I made this account 3 years ago :rolleyes: This was the best username I could think of at the time lol :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest