The Student Room Group

How is IGCSE Speaking and Listening calculated?

So, I have my IGCSE CIE English 0522/02 paper on Tuesday.

My Coursework is 44/50 and my speaking and listening is 20/30. However, I though coursework was 20% and therefore out of 25? My question to anyone who knows the answer is: What is my speaking and listening mark out of 25, and how do they calculate it? Also, how much will I roughly need in the exam for an A?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good luck to anyone sitting the exam on Tuesday!
Original post by RG110man

My Coursework is 44/50 and my speaking and listening is 20/30. However, I though coursework was 20% and therefore out of 25? My question to anyone who knows the answer is: What is my speaking and listening mark out of 25, and how do they calculate it? Also, how much will I roughly need in the exam for an A?

I'm doing my exam on Tuesday too, aiming for an A* :smile:. I'm not sure about your question but I do know that you've got your percentages wrong - coursework accounts for 40%, not 20%. Good luck for your exam too!
Reply 2
Original post by lubna1998
I'm doing my exam on Tuesday too, aiming for an A* :smile:. I'm not sure about your question but I do know that you've got your percentages wrong - coursework accounts for 40%, not 20%. Good luck for your exam too!

Oops, sorry. I meant to say S&L was 20% not coursework :smile:

Coursework: 40%
S&L: 20%
Exam: 40%
Ignore this, just realised how wrong my post was:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by RG110man

Divide 20 by 30, then mulitiply that by 25 I think :smile: so that is around 17/25 that means 61/75 for CW, and the approx. boundaries for an A are 92/125, 104/125 for an A*. So you should need about 31/50 for A and 43/50 for A*. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest