Teddysmith123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I am taking FP1, FP2, FP3, M1, M2 and S2 and so just to clarify for the A* I need an A* in FP3, M2 and S2? What UMS would I need for an A grade?
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Teddysmith123)
So I am taking FP1, FP2, FP3, M1, M2 and S2 and so just to clarify for the A* I need an A* in FP3, M2 and S2? What UMS would I need for an A grade?
480 for A
if A is awarded then if any 3 modules which do not finish in 1, tally to 270 then you get awarded A*
Teddysmith123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
480 for A
if A is awarded then if any 3 modules which do not finish in 1, tally to 270 then you get awarded A*

Thank You!
Bloxorus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
480 for A

Thank You!
This is not entirely true. FP2 and FP3 MUST be allocated to FM A2, therefore these must be included in the 3 you describe.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can't allocate the applied modules to a specific subject out of Maths/F Maths - the exam board do that. All the rules are in the specification so I'd check there.
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bloxorus)
This is not entirely true. FP2 and FP3 MUST be allocated to FM A2, therefore these must be included in the 3 you describe.
I am not entirely sure what you mean but it appears that you know more little technicalities than I do
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to average 90% across your three A2 modules, whatever they are. For Edexcel I think they have to include FP2 and FP3 and then your best applied module that conforms to the rules of how modules are arranged.

So don't worry if you find one hard to get top marks in - you can even go for 100/100/70 (averages 90). Oh, and you also need 480 UMS to get an A* alongside the 90% average (though 480 without the average is an A).
TheFuture001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was under the assumption that you need an average of 90 in your best 3 A2 modules. Whilst both FP2 and FP3 must be in Further Maths, I thought that if you have say 4 A2's going towards your FM grade, they choose the best 3 which might not include FP2/FP3. I.e. FP2, FP3, M2 and M3 are in one's FM grade, but FP3+M2+M3 makes the best so that is what contributes to the A*.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The rules are documented on the JCQ WEB SITE
http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams...ce-for-centres

For an A grade in further maths you need a total 480 ums from the 6 results.
For an A* you need 480 total ums of which 270 ums comes from your best 3 A2 units (pure or applied), in your example case the best 3 from FP2 FP3 M2 or S2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (77)
63.64%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.36%

Watched Threads