Cryptic_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,

I have chosen UCA Rochester as my firm choice and now I am trying to decide whether I should apply for uni accommodation OR stay at home (I live in London, so not too far) and invest in an annual season rail card and travel to and from uni.

I need urgent advice because I need to decide soon what to go for. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
paneziaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just apply for uni accommodation. If you get it, great, try it out and if it doesn't work out for you you're not that far from home. If you don't get it, again you're not far from home. I don't know why you wouldn't just apply anyway? You don't lose anything
TheDboyAi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yea, id recommend that you apply for accommodation, as this will be easier for students to live close to uni than constant going back and forth. saves time, and money.
geebeeiii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that, as has been said, applying for accommodation would be good. If you don't like it after say, the first semester, you could always go home and commute. But consider the social ramifications of not going to live at least in the same town as your uni, not to mention how gruelling travelling so far everyday is. Rochester is a lovely town.
photobrad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Coming from Manchester myself, I don't have a choice to live in Rochester or not, however, would Private or student accommodation be best suited for me? is there any advantages to private accommodation or is just more hassle?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.57%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.55%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.39%

Watched Threads