The Student Room Group

Geography or Economics?

Okay, so I'm currently doing Basic Economics in my country's GCSE-equivalent, and I abhor it. But I think maybe that's just because it is in a different language... nonetheless, I find it dry and boring, though I do manage to get A's.

I don't take Geography at GCSE (equivalent) level, but I did take a more basic version of it a few years back. It's okay, but seems to require a lot of memorising?

What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance.

(Oh, and degree of choice: English)
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Economics is great bruh! Love it
Reply 3
Economicss
Personally I'd go for Economics because I love it. But you don't like it, so why are you considering it?
Reply 5
Do both at A level, econ all the way so much more interesting. Human geography is a poor mans economics and physical is dull.
Original post by Airfairy
Personally I'd go for Economics because I love it. But you don't like it, so why are you considering it?

Because I was wondering if I might like it better in English, as the one I'm currently studying is in another language (which I dislike). Thanks for the feedback!
Geography is one of the best choices i made at A level.

Definitely an interesting and great subject to learn.
Take Economics.
I take Geography AS and I HATE IT. It wasn't that nice at GCSE but is much worse now and boring aswell.
Everyone seems to love Economics and I've heard it isn't so challenging.
Original post by wanderlust98
Because I was wondering if I might like it better in English, as the one I'm currently studying is in another language (which I dislike). Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm yeah maybe.

Economics is an amazing subject once it clicks in your head. The way it all fits together like dominoes and how applicable it is to everyday life :love: . I had an amazing, inspirational teacher though which helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To everyone doing economics.. I need to hand in my AS level choices form tomorrow,. How much maths Is in economics A Level? I'm predicted a B at gcse, will this be enough to do well?
Reply 11
Literally no maths
Original post by kiera28
To everyone doing economics.. I need to hand in my AS level choices form tomorrow,. How much maths Is in economics A Level? I'm predicted a B at gcse, will this be enough to do well?

At A-Level you will be fine for maths. There is pretty much none in it.

Quick Reply

Latest