Sex, Virginity and Men Watch

Poll: Men, what are your sexual preferences with regards to marriage?
I am a young man. If I get married, I want to marry a girl who is a virgin. I want to explore our sexualities together and create a joint identity, where I lead her and she follows me. (5)
35.71%
I am a young man. If I get married, I want to marry a girl who is already sexually experienced and has a well developed sexual identity. While I would not create a joint sexual identity with her, I would still want to lead her. (3)
21.43%
I am a young man. If I get married, I want to marry a girl who is already sexually experienced and has a well developed sexual identity. She should be either my sexual partner or my sexual dominant, and I should not lead her. (2)
14.29%
I am an older man (35+). If I get married, I want to marry a girl who is a virgin. I want to explore our sexualities together and create a joint identity, where I lead her and she follows me. (0)
0%
I am an older man. If I get married, I want to marry a girl who is already sexually experienced and has a well developed sexual identity. While I would not create a joint sexual identity with her, I would still want to lead her. (0)
0%
I am an older man. If I get married, I want to marry a girl who is already sexually experienced and has a well developed sexual identity. She should be either my sexual partner or my sexual dominant, and I should not lead her. (0)
0%
I am a woman, homosexual etc. (4)
28.57%
This discussion is closed.
41b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Please vote here for more precise options: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3296051
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Neither of these. I don't mind if she's a virgin or not and I like her to dominate just as much as I like to dominate
41b
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
Neither of these. I don't mind if she's a virgin or not and I like her to dominate just as much as I like to dominate
Well option 3 is closest to your choice, I think.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would rather marry a virgin, but what's that BS about 'leading her'? I would rather marry a woman, not a cow.
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
This exactly.
41b
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
Would rather marry a virgin, but what's that BS about 'leading her'? I would rather marry a woman, not a cow.
It's more aimed at those looking for traditional marriage. I didn't think anyone would want to marry a virgin without wanting to be the dominant man.

Maybe I should recreate the poll.
Infraspecies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why would you rather her a virgin?
Are you a virgin?

Would you want you both to be virgins?
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only appeal there is of going out with a virgin is that they won't judge me if I'm bad lol
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Infraspecies)
Why would you rather her a virgin? Are you a virgin? Would you want you both to be virgins?
Personal preference, but I would be more than happy to marry a girl if she wasn't a virgin, as long as she was the right person for me (same with a virgin tbh).
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 41b)
It's more aimed at those looking for traditional marriage. I didn't think anyone would want to marry a virgin without wanting to be the dominant man.

Maybe I should recreate the poll.

Good idea :yy:
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This poll doesn't leave room for men who would rather their wife be a virgin before they got together but wouldn't wait until marriage to have sex with her. Waiting until marriage to have sex is extremely unusual, whereas young men saying that they want their future wife to be a virgin when they meet is more common.
Infraspecies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personal preference, but I would be more than happy to marry a girl if she wasn't a virgin, as long as she was the right person for me (same with a virgin tbh).
What is your reason for your "personal preference"?
41b
Rep:
?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3296051

here is the amended poll.
41b
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtGoblin)
This poll doesn't leave room for men who would rather their wife be a virgin before they got together but wouldn't wait until marriage to have sex with her. Waiting until marriage to have sex is extremely unusual, whereas young men saying that they want their future wife to be a virgin when they meet is more common.
It's an argument of semantics. Don't make me overspecify the poll.

Here's the new one. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3296051
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is your reason for your "personal preference"?
No idea, same reason why I can't pinpoint my other preferences for things.
41b
Rep:
?
New poll: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3296051
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't care. It's becoming more unlikely that they would be a virgin as I get older anyway. I find the attitude that women who have already had sex are some how used goods deeply sexist and pretty ****. If I was a girl I wouldn't want to be with these guys who think like that.
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 41b)
It's an argument of semantics. Don't make me overspecify the poll.

Here's the new one. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3296051
It was just a really weird way of wording it.
Infraspecies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well no, normally preferences can be pinpointed to sensory responses which, while properly basic, still suffice as the base of most things.

Do you think its naturally, or societally ingrained for you as a preference?
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well no, normally preferences can be pinpointed to sensory responses which, while properly basic, still suffice as the base of most things.

Do you think its naturally, or societally ingrained for you as a preference?
Dude, I came here to answer a poll, not take a psychology lesson.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.02%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.68%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.29%

Watched Threads