Kazaa Lite: This is real! Watch

This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NickNack)
so by that definition, is it illegal to record music off the radio or use videos to record movies off the tv? or does the law apply differently here?
That is true.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why do people think it is soo impossible/hard to be traced through kazaa?

The IP address you are using is all they can legally find out when you use kazaa. To get infor,ation about you, they have to go to your ISP and ask them very nicely for it, and will probably be told no, because of some weird contractual agreement.

This has happened in the states (IPPs resisting), but the RIAA managed to get a subpoena to force the isps to give them the info.
jediknight007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Most of the artists who back the anti-piracy campaigns are the ones I hate the most. It seems that they care more about their reputation, money and fame more than whether people like their music or not. The artists who don't really give a monkeys about whether another person decides to download music illegally or not and is more concerned about whether people will actually like their music are the type I like and respect highly.

Anyways, that's my personal view. Let the flaming commence....
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mrmarsupial)
its not even illegal to download music you dumbass.
It is if its owned by a label. However, alot of stuff on kazaa is original so IS legal (thats how the whole music sharing started!)
You can't sue for actually using a program.
And point of note, the makers of kazaa lite are suing the record companies for using their program lol
J
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
That is true.
The thing with TV and radio though is the music is paid for.
You cant Tape a song/film of of tv then sell it
Songs that play on TV or radio are paid for by those companies. The BBC for instance will buy a film and broadcast it. We pay for it via our license fees.
J
Dragon_Amor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=19517

click the above - I'm interested in your opinions.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed