The Student Room Group

Sainsburys Transferring to another store - HELP

Hi I have just started work at sainsburys which is great however the location of the store is very far and commuting is very expensive. It is approximately 15 miles away which is indeed far and if you don`t drive like my self then you have to get public transport which takes long and also very costly. I have spoken to my manager about the times as I will have problems arriving at start date of the shift but haven`t spoken about transferring yet as I have just recently started so it will look bad if I just started and suddenely I want to transfer. I want to transfer to my local store branch which is only 20 minute walk. So my questions are:

number 1: should I explain to my manager about transferring as soon as possible or should I wait a couple of weeks. How long will I have to wait in order to transfer to another store.

number 2: Will sainsburys cover my travelling allowance because if they do then I don`t mind commuting. Even if they cover half of the cost then I still don`t mind working there.

number 3: what is the transferring procedure and what impact will it have on my shifts. Will I have the same shifts or will they change if I transfer.

number 4: can I transfer immedietly wthout any hesitation or can I only apply if there are vacancies in that store.

I don`t want to quit the job they cover full/half of my travelling cost or if they transfer me immedietly. But if that means I am working my ass off doing long hours and still losing out on money, then I have no option but to quit.

Thanks for the replies
Much appreciated
Might be a little late. But transfers are generally only considered after 6 months service. This will depend on whether a vacancy exists at the store you wish to transfer to they won't just create one to accom accomodate you.
I'm looking for a transfer to another store in cambridge or Ely.I have worked for sainsburys for 2 years as a fresh produce assistant part time.
Reply 3
hey im going through the same situation as you. I applied for a role which is 50 mins away from me by bus, but I will be moving to another town which is even longer so I guess I will have to wait 6 months to ask for a transfer? how did yours go? did you ask him? if so what did you say to your manager or w***ver you asked, I know im six years late lmao
So how did it go for you? I’m a year late haha but I’m kind of in the same position as the op

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending