good-vibes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm looking at applying for law and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of things I could do over the summer in order to boost my personal statement?

(I'm already doing an internship in London in August)

Thank you
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whilst you're in London, go to a court and watch a case. Surprisingly few people do this.

In terms of decent ones to see, a full 1 dayer at Central London County Court might be good.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Read something about the law so you show extra interest. The Rule of Law by Bingham is a nice, soft introduction to a lot of constitutional issues, a basic primer on jurisprudence (I wouldn't recommend reading primary jurisprudence texts at this stage) would be useful (or even just read summaries of Hart, Dworkin and natural law online), and if you're at all interested in intellectual property, although it relates primarily to US law, Lessig's Free Culture is one of my favourite books.

I would also second the above.
CiaranAndrew
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It might be worth keeping up to date with current legal news (I personally used the Guardian law). A few examples of recent events will be great to demonstrate your interest in the subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise