Camilamv27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I recently received an offer for a masters program at UCL, and was wondering if anyone would be able to walk me through the whole accommodation situation. What halls are usually considered to be for postgrads? Is there a way to find potential flat mates such as a university Facebook, etc? What are some good places to search for accommodation besides the ridiculous 300pw IQ flats and similar companies? Any info/tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!:confused:
Flying Cookie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

UCL's accommodation policy for postgrads who aren't coming from abroad is basically "find your own accommodation".

Just yesterday there was an accommodation event... free popcorn and everything, I'm surprised you didn't get an invitation... But there are cheaper options available, here are some:

Urbanest
StudentCastle
Derwent Students
Yara Students

Uni accommodation services also gave out a long list of private landlords offering accommodation (unverified) which should become available on their website...
inesgs12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!

I'm going to start a masters program at UCL Institute of Education this year and was wondering what you decided about accommodation. I'm not sure if I should choose a private residence like urbanest and those or a shared flat as I am coming from abroad and think the residences would be good to meet new people + have your own space. What did you decide?
I'm also worried they will be more for undergrad students.
London_CM_Msc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi inesgs!, I have exactly the same concern. Halls: rather expensive, could be many undergrad, too long contract and flatshare: viewing issues, housemates, any problem with house heating etc who to turn to? It is such a big dilemma and frustrating.

I am between finding a studio for 2 close to university and rather inexpensive and look for someone to share. Chat, skype etc or rent short term then look for flatshare in London.
lucyculshaw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone,
I'm starting a PhD at UCL in October and I'm strongly considering booking a gradpad premium studio at Griffon studios for me and my boyfriend. I haven't lived in London before so thought a hall-like accomodation will help settle in. Does anyone have any opinions on griffon studios in particular? Is the social side of it good? Is it mostly international students staying there or is there a good mix? (i'm not international)
thanks,
Lucy
Fresh Student Living
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,

I hope you don’t mind jumping in here.

We've got some great private halls around London where you can choose between a shared flat sharing with others or having your own Studio apartment which is self contained but still allows you to enjoy the social side to the building. Our buildings also have some fantastic social spaces, and some have a Gym and even a swimming pool!

Take a look at our website for more details, photos, pricing and to arrange a viewing - http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/locations/london or check us out on Facebook!

Many Thanks,
Katie @ Fresh
iQ Student Accommodation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Camilamv27)
Hi everyone,

I recently received an offer for a masters program at UCL, and was wondering if anyone would be able to walk me through the whole accommodation situation. What halls are usually considered to be for postgrads? Is there a way to find potential flat mates such as a university Facebook, etc? What are some good places to search for accommodation besides the ridiculous 300pw IQ flats and similar companies? Any info/tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!:confused:
Hi Camilamv27,
We are sorry you feel that way about us. We put a great effort into what we're doing and offering to students and we'd like to think our flats are no ridiculous. Also, the prices don't start at £300pw. For example our current offer for UCL students gives them a chance to book a spacious self-contained 'Copper' studio at the heart of Hoxton, with all-inclusive bills, free use of rooftop garden, gym, study room, movie lounge and social hub, on-site security, CCTV system, on-site maintenance team and on-site customer support, for £250pw. Please note that you'd be very welcome should you wanted to come around for a tour and a cuppa. We'd be very glad to show you around and discuss what we offer to our students
nikki1993
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! I'm in the same position and currently looking for people to share a house with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads