The Student Room Group

Should I become a webcam whore?

I need to save money to fund a postgraduate degree, which I've been trying to do for a while now but it's almost impossible working minimum wage, even full time.

I've been looking for a side job to do that will fit around my current job, and I thought about phone sex line/or web caming.

Should I try phone sex/web cam? Is it worth it? I would feel embarrassed it anyone found out, which is likely, but I really need the money to fund my education.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Holla at me on Skype me though, that's if you decide to opt for the web cam sex.:kiss:

Skype Username: Mexicancartel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol, this is easy money I have to admit if you have no ethical concerns.

There are plenty of other ways to fund your education instead of selling your dignity such as working at a restaurant or a supermarket, but you will actually have to work for it.

However if you already made up your mind about this, you can send me the link in a PM :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by small.littlefish
I need to save money to fund a postgraduate degree, which I've been trying to do for a while now but it's almost impossible working minimum wage, even full time.

I've been looking for a side job to do that will fit around my current job, and I thought about phone sex line/or web caming.

Should I try phone sex/web cam? Is it worth it? I would feel embarrassed it anyone found out, which is likely, but I really need the money to fund my education.

If you want. Best not if you know you'd feel embarrassed, though. Your desperation is clearly overriding your rational thinking. It may seem right to you now, but in a few years it could be 'oh god, why didn't I just go the respectable route'. It's not a very respectable thing to do, and you know that. Desperation and an easy way out is a temptation, but think of the future you.
(edited 8 years ago)

Sure, why not?

I'm pretty sure you will feel quite degraded doing it. But if that's what you want..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theo1jinx
Lol, this is easy money I have to admit if you have no ethical concerns.

There are plenty of other ways to fund your education instead of selling your dignity such as working to a restaurant or a supermarket, but you will actually have to work for it.

However if you already made up your mind about this, you can send me the link in a PM :biggrin:

Like I said I already work full time, and actually have another part time job, but it's still not enough money even after a year of saving. I wouldn't consider it if I could get enough money another way.
No. What a vile idea.
why pay for your services when people could easily get phone/cam sex for free?
I don't think its worth it, your doing it to get this degree. After which you will go for your dream job, say your in an office and one of them has seen your 'show', that job is now ruined for you because all everyone will see you for is a bit of meat.
Hell, you could be walking down the street shopping with your mum and some guy walks up to you and says he watched you....

This kind of thing never goes away.

Not worth it even a little bit imo
how much?!
Original post by thecatwithnohat
why pay for your services when people could easily get phone/cam sex for free?

I know, but apparently girls get pretty good money.
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
I don't think its worth it, your doing it to get this degree. After which you will go for your dream job, say your in an office and one of them has seen your 'show', that job is now ruined for you because all everyone will see you for is a bit of meat.
Hell, you could be walking down the street shopping with your mum and some guy walks up to you and says he watched you....

This kind of thing never goes away.

Not worth it even a little bit imo

I know that's what's bothering me. I think it there wasn't the social stigma I'd find it easy to do, just people judging me...
Wouldn't you feel exploited?
Reply 13
If you're already questioning it; it's not right for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that's what's bothering me. I think it there wasn't the social stigma I'd find it easy to do, just people judging me...

Well could you just work in your job at the moment and put off the course until next year maybe?

But you said you work full time plus a part time job (at weekends?) where is all the money going? minimum wage can go a long way if you put the hours in. Do you have high living costs?
Maybe it would be easier to cut current costs than to try and earn more?
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Well could you just work in your job at the moment and put off the course until next year maybe?

But you said you work full time plus a part time job (at weekends?) where is all the money going? minimum wage can go a long way if you put the hours in. Do you have high living costs?
Maybe it would be easier to cut current costs than to try and earn more?

My living costs are very cheap actually, I'm saving almost all my money but postgraduate degrees are very expensive. It'll take me a year if I'm lucky to save enough (minimum needed £6,000)
Original post by Paladian
Wouldn't you feel exploited?

Yeah a little, but I think I'd be okay with it actually like I said it's just in-case someone recognises me etc.
Reply 17
You want to be the next Kendra Sunderland lool. Don't do it you will regret it in the future it's just money
What a foolish and self-degrading way to make money. Totally lacking dignity
Original post by quentinhamilton
What a foolish and self-degrading way to make money. Totally lacking dignity

I don't think that's fair. I'm not doing to buy a new car, or for a holiday.
I'm doing it to further my education. Without doing my postgraduate I'll probably be stuck working minimum wage forever.
I've been trying to save enough money for a year, working 2 jobs, 7 days per week cleaning toilets.

I think that's probably more degrading....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending