History OCR AS 50 markers for period studies and 70 markers for source paper

Watch this thread
MrJAKEE
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What is the structure for this? The exam is next week and while I know the arguments and content I'm thoroughly confused as to how to structure my response. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaughney
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
50 markers:
Intro: Lay out your points for the essay and define any key terms necessary, perhaps include a judgement if you think it will help structure your essay, and make sure you make the marker aware of alternative viewpoints.
The structure of the essay will depend on the question so for example How far? will be split into two broad sections, TO some extent yes + counter arg and To some extent no + counter arg
Your paragraphs should be structured thematically and in them you make a point, provide evidence to back it up and then you analyse your point and possibly make a judgement from it before moving on to another point. At the end of every paragraph link it back to the question.
Conc: You come to an overall judgement about the question and sum up your arguments.

70 marker:
The most important thing is to not write chronologically working through the sources A,B,C... Divide your answer into two sections, Agree and Disagree. To answer the question again make a point with evidence from the source, say what this means for the answer, bring in own knowledge, cross reference if possible and evaluate. Do this for agree and then disagree and then the Conc is the same as in 50 markers. Your answer should be a maximum 40% own knowledge- use the sources for the majority of the work.

Just my 2 cents from experience, hope it helps a bit.
MrJAKEE
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Shaughney)
50 markers:
Intro: Lay out your points for the essay and define any key terms necessary, perhaps include a judgement if you think it will help structure your essay, and make sure you make the marker aware of alternative viewpoints.
The structure of the essay will depend on the question so for example How far? will be split into two broad sections, TO some extent yes + counter arg and To some extent no + counter arg
Your paragraphs should be structured thematically and in them you make a point, provide evidence to back it up and then you analyse your point and possibly make a judgement from it before moving on to another point. At the end of every paragraph link it back to the question.
Conc: You come to an overall judgement about the question and sum up your arguments.

70 marker:
The most important thing is to not write chronologically working through the sources A,B,C... Divide your answer into two sections, Agree and Disagree. To answer the question again make a point with evidence from the source, say what this means for the answer, bring in own knowledge, cross reference if possible and evaluate. Do this for agree and then disagree and then the Conc is the same as in 50 markers. Your answer should be a maximum 40% own knowledge- use the sources for the majority of the work.

Just my 2 cents from experience, hope it helps a bit.
Thank you very much with this what topics did you do btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaughney
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I did early modern sections so the Tudors and German Reformation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.6%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.85%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.75%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.16%

Watched Threads