Help! I need advice! I've received a confidentiality agreement... Watch

username1308327
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey all

Recently I applied to become a writer and intern for a magazine.

I was accepted onto the internship, but the editors have sent me a Confidentiality Agreement, which is very complicated and written in a very confusing way.

They've said this:

Please find enclosed a non-disclosure agreement as well. In order to give you access to all the relevant documents and our website, we need to have this signed back. Please read it through before you sign (nothing weird in it, but just to be sure) and if you don't understand something you can always ask me or someone you know. As soon as we have the contract back, you will be given access to the website.

I haven't signed it, and I feel reluctant to do so.

I took it into the Student Advice centre at my university. They said they couldn't advice me as they have no solicitors but they told me to go to see a solicitor, which I will do this week.

They also told me to go to the Careers Centre, and the Careers Centre have given me some good advice.

However, I want some more advice and opinions.

Any budding lawyers on here? Please help. I could send you the document for you to look over.
username1308327
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads