The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

What realistic chances do i have of getting into Manchester for PPE?

Hello, I am currently studying my A levels and am in year 12, aged 17. Alongside my education, i set up and run my own organisation campaigning for peace human rights, justice and education around the world. For this, i have also visited Auschwitz in the past 2 months. I have gained international recognition for this work, have been nominated for the international children peace prize 2015 award. I have also been invited to 10 downing street recently by the Prime minister at a reception. A few months ago, i was also invited to address the house of lords, where i addressed all he lords. I am leading a campaign now to build a few schools and provide education to those who are unfortunate around the world. So far, i have gained letters of support from 25 MP's and many government ministers. You can view more about my work on our website: Movementforpeaceglobal.org.

As well as my work through activism, i have terrible GCSE grades, i got 2A's and 5 C's, A's only in IT and urdu. At AS, i am studying IT, Urdu, Applied science and business studies. I think that i may get BBBC or BBCC a AS level. I have had a child long dream to get into Manchester university to study PPE as i have immense passion for that subject. Would Manchester take a look at my work and leadership away from my academics and consider me for PPE. What are my actual chances of getting into PPE at Manchester? Would it be worth me applying to Manchester? What are the minimum grades that i must achieve at As level or A level to make sure that i get a firm offer from Manchester? Thank you.
Unfortunately you've missed the entry requirements by a significant margin - you'd need B grades in GCSE English and maths, and you'd need to have predictions of AAB at A2. Unfortunately your GCSE grades don't meet the requirements, and it sounds like if you did get an offer, you'd miss it and then find yourself in Clearing on results day. Speaking from experience, being in Clearing is not a lot of fun, and you should avoid it if possible. Unfortunately, activism is not a substitute for academic achievement.

I think you'll be able to put in a competitive application to many other universities, but I think the chances of you getting an offer from Manchester and meeting it are pretty slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Weak GCSE profile, weak AS level profile, strong extra-curricular cannot compensate for that. Additionally, your subjects are not particularly facilitating, and I don't believe you could cope with the demands of PPE
Reply 3
You won't do it without the grades, no matter how good your extracurriculars are. You can't sit university exams with extracurriculars.

Manchester Metropolitan might be more suited.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending