how is this the trademark of a patriarchy

Watch
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/colorado-woman-sentenced-lying-police-about-kidnap-and-rape-never-happened

a woman accused a member of the national guard in the USA of kidnapping and raping her, causing him to lose his job, many of his friends and suffered mental health problems. when she confessed that it was all a lie, she got only a month in prison.

I'm sorry, but if a man raped a woman, he'd get a little more than 1 ****ing month in jail, so why would a woman, who causes a man to suffer the same kind of retributive justice against an alleged rape incident, get only this much in what feminists dub a patriarchal society? if a white person gets less jail time/bail than a black person, it's called a racist society against blacks, so why is this not a society against men in terms of criminal justice?

yes, I know it's america, but there's really very little difference between their society/culture and legal system and our own
db_F40
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/colorado-woman-sentenced-lying-police-about-kidnap-and-rape-never-happened

a woman accused a member of the national guard in the USA of kidnapping and raping her, causing him to lose his job, many of his friends and suffered mental health problems. when she confessed that it was all a lie, she got only a month in prison.

I'm sorry, but if a man raped a woman, he'd get a little more than 1 ****ing month in jail, so why would a woman, who causes a man to suffer the same kind of retributive justice against an alleged rape incident, get only this much in what feminists dub a patriarchal society? if a white person gets less jail time/bail than a black person, it's called a racist society against blacks, so why is this not a society against men in terms of criminal justice?

yes, I know it's america, but there's really very little difference between their society/culture and legal system and our own
What a stupid b****. Destroying an innocent man's life for what?

Is this what some women have come to. This is literally the definition of evil. Then they complain they are oppressed...
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
also, in terms of double standards set against men, imagine the kind of sentence a man would get for *this* woman's crime: (recent story)

http://www.mandatory.com/2015/04/30/...s-naked-jumps/
TurboCretin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

You have to remember that criminal law is not primarily intended as a source of recourse for victims. If the guard has suffered losses from false allegations (which he certainly has), he should sue her for defamation. Unfortunately, she probably doesn't have enough property to compensate him adequately for his loss.

However, I do think that punishment should be severe considering the wider impact of these actions. It is people like her that cause genuine rape victims to be viewed with skepticism.
drewBusby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

The UVA case is much worse, a journalist forced a lie into the public eye about a gang rape on college campus in order to validate rape culture.
The story is found to be fiction, and yet the woman was not prosecuted.

This will not end. These feminist/justice warriors have created a multi million pound industry based on a lie. You just need to create a problem, and someone will pay you to fix it.
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What often amazes me about these cases is that you would think that feminists would be all over these women, calling for them to be punished. After all part of the rape culture is people not automatically believing the victim and cases such as this lead to more and more people looking at cases with a jaded eye.
Instead you have WAR demanding that they should dealt with understanding and not receive custodial sentences. If rape victims suffer by not being believed women like this make it even less likely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (8)
5.59%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (25)
17.48%

Watched Threads