Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My foreskin doesn't retract at all when I am erect, but it is not painful or uncomfortable at all, is this a problem?
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can you retract it manually?

If so, it's not a big problem - you'll need to retract it to wash and you'll find it better to do so when you come to be sexual with someone else.

If not, it's 'talk to a doctor' time.
Roland Day
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My foreskin doesn't retract at all when I am erect, but it is not painful or uncomfortable at all, is this a problem?
A lot of sources say the foreskin retracts when the penis becomes erect. That is NOT always correct. Foreskins only retract on erection if 1) the foreskin is shorter than the erect penis and 2)
the foreskin is wide enough retract over the glans penis. A full-length foreskin does not spontaneously retract onerection but may be retracted with one’s hand provided that the skin is looseenough to pass back over the head.When a full-length foreskin is retracted, folds of skin formaround the base of the penis. When the foreskin is released the folds mayunfold and push the foreskin forward into its normal position to recover thehead. Some guys with long foreskins cannot keep them retracted. The part of a full-length foreskin that extends beyond thehead is called the “overhang” or the acroposthion. A long tapering acroposthionwas regarded by the ancient Greeks as the epitome of male beauty. The full-length foreskin provides superior protection to thehead of the penis. Its extra-long length helps to keep the head moist, soft,and sensitive. A long foreskin has superior gliding action that helps inmasturbation and intercourse. All in all, a full-length foreskin is an extra blessing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by unprinted)

If so, it's not a big problem - you'll need to retract it to wash and you'll find it better to do so when you come to be sexual with someone else.

I can only wash just around the urethra, and erect you can see most of the head, when I tried to pull it back it wouldn't and it felt uncomfortable, otherwise it feels fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Roland Day)
A lot of sources say the foreskin retracts when the penis becomes erect. That is NOT always correct. Foreskins only retract on erection if 1) the foreskin is shorter than the erect penis and 2)
the foreskin is wide enough retract over the glans penis. A full-length foreskin does not spontaneously retract onerection but may be retracted with one’s hand provided that the skin is looseenough to pass back over the head.When a full-length foreskin is retracted, folds of skin formaround the base of the penis. When the foreskin is released the folds mayunfold and push the foreskin forward into its normal position to recover thehead. Some guys with long foreskins cannot keep them retracted. The part of a full-length foreskin that extends beyond thehead is called the “overhang” or the acroposthion. A long tapering acroposthionwas regarded by the ancient Greeks as the epitome of male beauty. The full-length foreskin provides superior protection to thehead of the penis. Its extra-long length helps to keep the head moist, soft,and sensitive. A long foreskin has superior gliding action that helps inmasturbation and intercourse. All in all, a full-length foreskin is an extra blessing.
I think I have this 'overhang' you speak of, I worry is it bad that I can't retract? how far down are you supposed to be able to clean?
Anonymous #1

How far down are you supposed to be able to clean?
Anonymous #1

there's no smell either
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can only wash just around the urethra, and erect you can see most of the head, when I tried to pull it back it wouldn't and it felt uncomfortable, otherwise it feels fine
It's talk to a doctor time.

You should be able to pull it back to completely expose the head of the penis. Doing so may mean some stretching exercises, some cream to help with that, a minor snip to enable it or a circumcision. There are endless threads here about the options, but you need to know which one is for you.
Roland Day
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can get a rubber bulb type ear syringe and squirt warm water into your foreskin to flush it out if you wish to clean it more thoroughly.
Jacklubai
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same thing for me too. I could see most of the head but it hurts when your almost there. How can I pull it down without getting hurt?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.61%
12.73%
2 (99)
12.36%
18.6%
23.22%
19.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise