SteelManatee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do OCR B physics at AS and sitting my exams this year and I was looking at a textbook to buy.

I've found the advanced physics for you book but there's two editions, which one should I get?
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
I do OCR B physics at AS and sitting my exams this year and I was looking at a textbook to buy.

I've found the advanced physics for you book but there's two editions, which one should I get?
Cgp book+past papers
The advancing physics books are actual waffle

Posted from TSR Mobile
SteelManatee
Rep:
?
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Cgp book+past papers
The advancing physics books are actual waffle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I have the CGP book which is good and the school gave us the blue textbook but that's useless. But I've seen another book called 'Advancing Physics for You' mentioned on TSR, but there's two editions. Not sure which one is the one that is recommended.

Btw are you doing AS physics?
Crambo-clink
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Advanced Physics For You is an amazing book and covers all specifications. It includes AS and A2 content. The same people also do Advanced Biology/Chemistry For You; both of which I recommend.

Of course, the CGP books are always good. I thought that I wouldn't use them again after GCSE because I thought they weren't as.. Sophisticated, as to say, and thought they wouldn't do the job. I bought a physics one and it proved me wrong, so now I have biology & chemistry ones.

If you, like me, are doing the Edexcel board then I really wouldn't recommend Edexcel's own book. In my opinion it's a complete waste. To the point where I don't even know where my copy of it is. Then again, Edexcel are pretty useless anyway.
SteelManatee
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDaniel)
Advanced Physics For You is an amazing book and covers all specifications. It includes AS and A2 content. The same people also do Advanced Biology/Chemistry For You; both of which I recommend.

Of course, the CGP books are always good. I thought that I wouldn't use them again after GCSE because I thought they weren't as.. Sophisticated, as to say, and thought they wouldn't do the job. I bought a physics one and it proved me wrong, so now I have biology & chemistry ones.

If you, like me, are doing the Edexcel board then I really wouldn't recommend Edexcel's own book. In my opinion it's a complete waste. To the point where I don't even know where my copy of it is. Then again, Edexcel are pretty useless anyway.
Yeah I have CGP revision guides for Physics OCR B and chem, they're good but my physics one missed out some information.

Is it too late to buy the Advanced Physics for You book? My first physics exam is on the 19th.

Btw how is the chemistry one for OCR A? I may pick up the chemistry one as well
Crambo-clink
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
Yeah I have CGP revision guides for Physics OCR B and chem, they're good but my physics one missed out some information.

Is it too late to buy the Advanced Physics for You book? My first physics exam is on the 19th.

Btw how is the chemistry one for OCR A? I may pick up the chemistry one as well
I wouldn't say it's too late. It's worth paying the extra postage & packaging to get it delivered quicker, however.

Advanced Chemistry For You is great for the OCR A course too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.73%
Less motivated (185)
68.27%

Watched Threads