The Student Room Group

help me please (miserable Comparative Literature applicant)

Please, can anybody help me to choose where is better to do MA in Comp Lit? Goldsmiths or Queen Mary?
I’m completely lost. I got a conditional offer from Goldsmiths and unconditional from QMUL. There is no time left to reply.
I'm applying from abroad, so I know nothing about them both and it's a HUGE effort for me to study in uk so i really want to choose wisely. I've read too many stuff online, asked lots of people on tumblr and it made me even more confused.
They say goldsmiths is more artsy type and qmul is all about science and only good for medicine, also i still can't get which one is in a better area (looks like they both are not??).
I'm an art critic and sort of nerd, so i'm looking for something academically advantageous, my studies and career perspectives are really important to me.
please please help me
Reply 1
On general reputation I personally would consider Queen Mary to be better, but that's without any specific course knowledge - have you looked at the different course structures to see which you would prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Queen Mary is a lot more prestigious than Goldsmiths. I would definitely choose Queen Mary! But as mentioned above you should look at the course structures to see which one you would be more interested in!
Reply 3
Original post by Naomi12
On general reputation I personally would consider Queen Mary to be better, but that's without any specific course knowledge - have you looked at the different course structures to see which you would prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by driftawaay
Queen Mary is a lot more prestigious than Goldsmiths. I would definitely choose Queen Mary! But as mentioned above you should look at the course structures to see which one you would be more interested in!

thank you for your replies! i'll deff check the course structures!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending