want to shave my beard of but don't want to come across as weak minded?

Watch
ngb9320
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to shave my beard off but people have been ****ging Me off big time about it and I don't want to look like a little ***** who is only shaveing his beard of because of his weak will and worries about what people think.

What should U do?
Feline_Nymphet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Srsly?

Shave it if you wanna shave it. And when do they insult you? When you have the beard or when you shave it off?

B/c you say: people **** you off big time about "it." What is the it?
Spoiler:
Show
"It" refers to the preceding subject or noun, normally. The preceding subject or noun in this case is, "I want to shave my beard off."

But then you said:
you don't want to be made fun of for shaving it off?
but.
..you're shaving you're beard off b/c you don't like it. Do you not like it b/c people make fun of it?

What the hell is going on here?

:dontknow:
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ngb9320)
I want to shave my beard off but people have been ****ging Me off big time about it and I don't want to look like a little ***** who is only shaveing his beard of because of his weak will and worries about what people think.

What should U do?
Do whatever you want and care less about meaningless crap there is enough real stuff to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
LaMandarine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As somebody who loves beards (only on men xD), I say shave it like a sir.

You'll look like a little ***** if you'll act like a little ***** after shaving your beard, being worried about what others think. Do what you think it's best for you (and what makes you feel comfortable- it's your body) and don't give a shilling about others
ngb9320
Rep:
?
(Original post by Feline_Nymphet)
Srsly?

Shave it if you wanna shave it. And when do they insult you? When you have the beard or when you shavupe it off?

B/c you say: people **** you off big time about "it." What is the it?
Spoiler:
Show
"It" refers to the preceding subject or noun, normally. The preceding subject or noun in this case is, "I want to shave my beard off."

But then you said:
you don't want to be made fun of for shaving it off?
but.
..you're shaving you're beard off b/c you don't like it. Do you not like it b/c people make fun of it?

What the hell is going on here?

:dontknow:
I want to shave it off but I don't want the people who took the piss out of my beard thinking I am shaveing it of2f because of them (I am not). I don't want them to think I care what they think because I don't Care if they think I care they care because I dint care.
ngb9320
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
Do whatever you want and care less about meaningless crap there is enough real stuff to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is serious.
ngb9320
Rep:
?
(Original post by LaMandarine)
As somebody who loves beards (only on men xD), I say shave it like a sir.

You'll look like a little ***** if you'll act like a little ***** after shaving your beard, being worried about what others think. Do what you think it's best for you (and what makes you feel comfortable- it's your body) and don't give a shilling about others
I dont care what others think. I just dont want them to think I care what they think because then they would think they have power over me but they don't I am no *****
Tom102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just do whatever the hell you want mate. If people are gonna judge you entirely based on facial hair they're probably not worth your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CrimsonRainDrops
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well honestly depends what type of beard it is, if it's a big full beard or something then I wouldn't do it, that'll take ages to grow back.

Something like stubble or a goatee will just grow back in a few days.

But honestly it's up to you, It's not like your shaving your head which I regret and I'm still waiting ages for my quiff to come back.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It sounds like you really do care what these people think and they've really got under your skin.
lustawny
Badges: 6
Report 5 years ago
I think it's even more weak-minded to be lacking in the confidence and self-assurance needed to make decisions in life, and actually makes someone look more like a pussy, than just simply following the advice of someone who's taken the piss out of you. For all we know, those people that have been ****ging you off about your face fuzz are just friends of yours that are trying to improve your look. You haven't told us who those people specifically are.

The most important thing to do in a scenario like this, is just to do what's right for you, and not give a flying **** what other people think. Don't think too much about other people's opinions. If that means taking a similar COA to that which has been pointed out by people that have been ripping into you, so be it. If they ask why you've done that, just say it was what you wanted to do, because it was the best option.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just shave it off, who cares if they take the piss, it's your body so if you don't like then get rid of it.
LaMandarine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ngb9320)
I dont care what others think. I just dont want them to think I care what they think because then they would think they have power over me but they don't I am no *****
That means you do care what they think. A lot, I may add.
It doesn't matter what they care about, as long as you fear that they think something with regard to you, that means you care what others think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.32%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed