The Student Room Group

More important the course title or the university reputation?

Hello everybody,
I previously started a trend about two conditional offers that I have received.
Despite having found some answers elsewhere, I still have one big question.

Is it more important the course type or the reputation of the university in Australia?
I study in the UK and here it seems that studying at Oxbridge is more important than the actual degree type and courses you have taken. I am undecided between two similar programs one at ANU and one at UQ. ANU is more prestigious, but the course at UQ is better.

As it is a master and I am interested in finding a job afterwards, for an employer what do you think matter most?
Thanks!
It depends what you are doing an Australian Master for - exotic tourism, bragging rights or with a purposeful job in mind.

ANU is a research intense Uni with a solid reputation - it is also in one of the most boring cities on god's earth.
UQ is a gorgeous friendly Uni in a beautiful part of Australia.

There is no point in doing any degree at either Uni unless it actually interests you.
And as an overseas student, a degree at either will not be cheap.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant

ANU is a research intense Uni with a solid reputation - it is also in one of the most boring cities on god's earth.

OMG LMAO

Although ANU will push you forward a bit thanks to its prestige, in the end it's the quality of the course and whether you feel that it was worth it or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending