Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    im taking igcse ict edexcel exam this may..
    anyone else taking it? and what do you think will come in paper2?

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the Edexcel ICT Exam, but we have to create a website for our exam? Maybe, there's different courses or something:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beforetheworst)
    I'm taking the Edexcel ICT Exam, but we have to create a website for our exam? Maybe, there's different courses or something:confused:
    Its the same course, that's web authoring where we need to create web page on Front page.

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I really hope some of you are able to help me.

I have numerous exams coming up and I will be sitting them as a private candidate at a local school.
    I have self-studied and wasn't able to sit my exams at school for various reasons, hence why I'm doing them again.

However, all I have been told is that I will need to complete a 'TASK' that is three hours long. The required date for this was anywhere between Monday and Friday next week, I chose to do it Tuesday morning as I have another exam (SCIENCE) in the afternoon.

I then have my theory ICT paper on another date later in May.

Does anyone know what the ICT practical exam will consist of? Where can I find more information? I don't have much information at the moment so it would be great for someone to assist me.

Many Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh99)
    Its the same course, that's web authoring where we need to create web page on Front page.
    Oh, what do you mean by paper 2? Don't you just get one paper which has the client brief in and everything?
    do you use Dreamweaver to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fliss1988)
    Hello

I have numerous exams coming up and I will be sitting them as a private candidate at a local school.
    I have self-studied and wasn't able to sit my exams at school for various reasons, hence why I'm doing them again.

However, all I have been told is that I will need to complete a 'TASK' that is three hours long. The required date for this was anywhere between Monday and Friday next week, I chose to do it Tuesday morning as I have another exam (SCIENCE) in the afternoon.

Does anyone know what the ICT practical exam will consist of? Where can I find more information? I don't have much information at the moment so it would be great for someone to assist me.

Many Thanks.
    It sounds like the same exam I have next week- where you have to make a website. Except we don't have a theory paper?
    If it is what I'm doing, then you are basically given a client brief which tells you what they want on the website, and then you just include it. Its pretty easy, providing you know how to do what its asking. My school use dreamweaver to create the website, but I've heard not all schools use this. There's nothing I can find online which has any information really.
    http://wildernschoolict.blogspot.co....ucts-exam.html This may help.
    If you have any specefic questions, I'm happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks for replying

What's dream weaver?

When are you given the brief?

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing IGCSE EDEXCEL ICT then this is the pastpaper, paper 2 is the practical (11-15 may)and the theory is paper 1 which is on 21 may
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

ReputationRep:
    Well it's the practical paper that I'm doing on Tuesday. How am I meant to know what to do when it hasn't been told to me?

ReputationRep:
    Well it's the practical paper that I'm doing on Tuesday. How am I meant to know what to do when it hasn't been told to me?
    if you click on this link: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials
    click on paper 2 and you'll see the format of the exam in previous years, 2014 till 2011

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear..looks quite tricky.

I best get practicing, any more resources to practice?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear..looks quite tricky.

I best get practicing, any more resources to practice?
    this site is useful, even though it the old microsoft 2007,2003
    http://www.teach-ict.net/videohome.htm
    You could also look at the specification:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...logy-2009.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh99)
    Hello,
    im taking igcse ict edexcel exam this may..
    anyone else taking it? and what do you think will come in paper2?
    hey! even i am sitting for it. i will take it on wednesday, 1 day after you. do you think that web authoring will come out?

ReputationRep:
    hey! i am sitting for the ict practical on Wednesday 13th may. do you think that web authoring will come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh99)
    If you are doing IGCSE EDEXCEL ICT then this is the pastpaper, paper 2 is the practical (11-15 may)and the theory is paper 1 which is on 21 may
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials
    Hey Man! Can you please at what time you're going to take exam? Along with GMT. I'm taking exam on the same day which is Tuesday. If I take it before you, I'll make sure I tell each and everything to you about the paper. And if you take it before me, Then please kindly inform me.
    I'll take my exam on 8:00 AM GST which is 4:00 GMT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed3651998)
    Hey Man! Can you please at what time you're going to take exam? Along with GMT. I'm taking exam on the same day which is Tuesday. If I take it before you, I'll make sure I tell each and everything to you about the paper. And if you take it before me, Then please kindly inform me.
    I'll take my exam on 8:00 AM GST which is 4:00 GMT
    hi! i will be sitting for the paper on 13th. so i would be really thankful if you tell me what will come out i will remember you my whole life!! please tell me what will be coming out within 9 hours of your exam. please!! because i have my exam after 11 hours after you finish yours. please! thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok sure bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed3651998)
    Ok sure bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks a million!

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Many Thanks.
    It will have a word processing task, might have a graphics package task(paint), database, spreadsheet, may have web authoring(sinle web page)(can also be done using word or DTP)

You can try answering and looking at marking schemes from past paper, from the edexcel website.
    I hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    anyone of u guys happen to have the 2015 may ict data files?
    if yes, can u let me knw?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.