SteelManatee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone ever got good grades taking these at a2? Also is there anyone planning to take these onto a2?
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
Anyone ever got good grades taking these at a2? Also is there anyone planning to take these onto a2?
I took all of those plus Biology at A2 and came out with 4 A-grades :yep: . So it's definitely possible.

Plus, that's quite a common combination of subjects amongst the maths/science-inclined A-level students :yep:
SteelManatee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nirgilis)
I took all of those plus Biology at A2 and came out with 4 A-grades :yep: . So it's definitely possible.

Plus, that's quite a common combination of subjects amongst the maths/science-inclined A-level students :yep:
Well done on those 4 A's, you give me hope! What did you get at AS and when did you sit your A2's?

I'm coping well with Maths and Chemistry for AS but Physics is a bit challenging. OCR B for physics is very picky with their mark schemes.
Ezme39
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My bf is taking these at A2, with biology, and is predicted A*A*AA. They link over nicely, so with a good amount of work they should be manageable
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
Well done on those 4 A's, you give me hope! What did you get at AS
I got 4 A-grades at AS-level . I started off taking all 4 A2-levels with the aim of dropping one when I found out which one I liked the least. I never ended up dropping one

and when did you sit your A2's?
2011 :shakecane:

I'm coping well with Maths and Chemistry for AS but Physics is a bit challenging. OCR B for physics is very picky with their mark schemes.
A2 Physics is SO much more interesting than AS-level :yep: . Just use the mark schemes and the examiner's reports for your revision and you'll get through :yep:
Don Pedro K.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am doing Maths (Edexcel), Biology (OCR), Chemistry (Edexcel) and Geography (AQA) right now ! I am definitely taking the first three subjects onto A2 as I am applying for Medicine ! However, I despise Geography (though I'm actually quite good at it) so I am deffo dropping that one. My first exam is Geography so it'll be good to get that out of the way!
theDanIdentity
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got 4 A-grades at AS-level . I started off taking all 4 A2-levels with the aim of dropping one when I found out which one I liked the least. I never ended up dropping one

A2 Physics is SO much more interesting than AS-level :yep: . Just use the mark schemes and the examiner's reports for your revision and you'll get through :yep:

heyy errr question; i'm taking Maths & Chemistry at A2; and my exam's in a months' time. i've been generally going over what's been taught in class at home and in my frees every day since the year started (so i've basically covered the courses at home by myself). as there's only a month left; what would be the best way to come out with an A* in maths and an A in chemistry in these A2 exams? what revision techniques should i be using/doing? cheers in advance

(for maths i take stats, C3 & C4.

In addition, for chemistry: f324 and f325 - the latter i've been getting As' in tests and the former Cs' in tests)
SteelManatee
Rep:
?

Ahh 2011, I wish I was born earlier. I would love January exam sittings.

And yeah AS level physics is pretty boring, I've heard that A2 does get interesting but at the same time it gets harder.

And I'll start looking at examiners reports
SteelManatee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ezme39)
My bf is taking these at A2, with biology, and is predicted A*A*AA. They link over nicely, so with a good amount of work they should be manageable
Those predictions :eek: he must be super clever xD

Yeah I do see some links in those subjects but I can't use them in the exam because the mark scheme wants a specific answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads