jMC69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ive made a mess of my choices and I am coming to the end of AS. I dropped out of biology at the start of the year to Maths and am now realising that I wish to pursue a Science related degree. The University of Ulster is the only Uni that will accept Maths in the place of a science. I have been interested in Physiotherapy but was also looking at Radiography or something. I feel like I have just limited myself to one university and so if I don't get into that in screwed. On top of all this I have to have work experience sorted within two weeks... I dont even know what to do anymore
pagorai
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can take up AS biology next year along with the other A2 subjects so that means you will be doing 4 subjects instead of 3.
jMC69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by pagorai)
You can take up AS biology next year along with the other A2 subjects so that means you will be doing 4 subjects instead of 3.
Would Uni's accept just AS Biology
pagorai
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jMC69)
Would Uni's accept just AS Biology
Yeah some do. You need to research properly. You wanna do physiotherapy? I think it should be fine. You can call up the university and ask them.
FeelingDepressed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will usually need a full Alevel or BTEC in science for Radiography. when I did my AS I blobbed biology big style and got an E, I was devastated thinking that was it and that I would never make it up to a B but my college let me do Applied Science in one year along with 2 other ALevels. I effectively have 8 hours of science lessons a week but it has been achievable due to it being 70% coursework. I have got A and B in my coursework so far and am on target to get a high B overall.

I would say have a chat with your head of sixth form or college tutor and see what options there are. Both physiotherapy and radiography are massively competitive and I think without a science you would be at a disadvantage.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed