The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I don't feel any real connection with my family/relatives?

Well apart from my parents I guess. I get along with acquaintances/friends more. I suppose since I can actually choose them while I can't choose my family.
Why would it be bad? If you have nothing in common there's no point of spending time with them... I can relate I come from a very religious family and it gets awkward some times when my grandma preaches about our savior Jeezus haha
I don't really feel like I have any relatives aside from two people (although I do). I suppose it is bad to not feel a connection to them, but if you don't get on I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
Original post by Multitalented me
Well apart from my parents I guess. I get along with acquaintances/friends more. I suppose since I can actually choose them while I can't choose my family.

I don't have no connection with my parents whatsoever, except my sisters and cousin.....
I don't feel guilty, I just want to get out of here.

Please don't feel bad, you can't help how you feel :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theo1jinx
Why would it be bad? If you have nothing in common there's no point of spending time with them... I can relate I come from a very religious family and it gets awkward some times when my grandma preaches about our savior Jeezus haha
I don't know, I suppose since I've grown up with them it would be nice to get along more. Religion/culture is provides quite a big barrier considering my family members are all like Asian Muslim & pretty much of all of the people I've hung out with are like white non-Muslim so there's a cultural & morality divergence as well.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending