would you mind if your boyfriend doesn't introduce you to his family but you did

Watch
alan smith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically the reason is because the parents dont want younger siblings to know of the relationship so they dont get ideas of doing them ( lol over protective for the sisters) would you as a girlfriend understand this? or no?
alan smith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
:bump:
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it is for a good reason then it probably wouldn't bother me.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Just introduce her as your friend If not your going to have to spend more time away from home at her house if your parents won't let her come there. They would be effectively kicking you out for having a girlfriend. Seems waaaay over protective, but if they want it done that way theres nothing you can do they're their children.
But I would ask if they are ok with her being there and you can tell them she's your friend. nothing more. If the parents agree, talk it through with gf and see if she's ok with it (she kinda has to be but dont tell her that) and hey presto, problem solved
Tillybop
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alan smith)
Basically the reason is because the parents dont want younger siblings to know of the relationship so they dont get ideas of doing them ( lol over protective for the sisters) would you as a girlfriend understand this? or no?
I introduced my boyfriend to family early on, as did he; and both parties felt very comfortable with it being that way.

It's a bit of a weird reason not to introduce her to your family, but fair enough. If your family are uncomfortable with it, there's nothing much anyone can do about that.

Why not just introduce her as a friend? There's no harm in that.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I would be bothered if I wasn't introduced in some way,could be introduced as a friend
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
wouldn't bother me, his family are his business, I'd like to get to know them but if he didn't want me to for whatever reason that's up to him
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My bf didn't introduce me to his family for about 6 months into our relationship whereas he met my family pretty much instantly. It bothered me at first until I met his dad and then I understood why he hesitated. His family knew about me from the start which I suppose was the main thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.03%
I'm not sure (2)
1.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (38)
31.15%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (57)
46.72%

Watched Threads