Jgco2chem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Each week I think I come to a turning point of consistent revision but then end up procrastinating...My exams start in June and I haven't started revision. I am lacking motivation and need AAB to get to uni. Last year I got AAB and was predicted A*A*A.
User1686961
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol what on earth are you doing?
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would ask were you revising 5 weeks out last year. Sometimes you just have to know what works for you. I would just say make sure you have no regrets at the end of this year, if you miss out on uni by 1 grade don't think "I could have revised a bit harder" that's just a kick in the balls
Jorus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make a revision plan and stick to it. Turn off and lock away any internet-capable devices at the start of each day until the evening. Revise. Sorted.
Jgco2chem
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatGuyRik)
Lol what on earth are you doing?
playing clash of clans...
User1686961
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jgco2chem)
Jailbreak unlimited gems etc etc. GGWP.
Jgco2chem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flather)
I would ask were you revising 5 weeks out last year. Sometimes you just have to know what works for you. I would just say make sure you have no regrets at the end of this year, if you miss out on uni by 1 grade don't think "I could have revised a bit harder" that's just a kick in the balls
last year I revised a too early and burnt out by the time of my last few exams, so I wanted to start in april half term and now its may the 4th!
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
I just deleted my th9 level 101 base to revise, just got bored of wall farming!!
Jgco2chem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jorus)
Make a revision plan and stick to it. Turn off and lock away any internet-capable devices at the start of each day until the evening. Revise. Sorted.
I guess so...gonna opt out of wars in Clash of clans and the only football I will watch is the FaCup.
HMPD97
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't your predicted grades motivate you?
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Each week I think I come to a turning point of consistent revision but then end up procrastinating...My exams start in June and I haven't started revision. I am lacking motivation and need AAB to get to uni. Last year I got AAB and was predicted A*A*A.
Don't worry. I have an exam tomorrow and haven't even done one past paper question yet. This is one of the most important exams of the year but I hate the subject and just get depressed every time I think about it.
thatitootoo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
Don't worry. I have an exam tomorrow and haven't even done one past paper question yet. This is one of the most important exams of the year but I hate the subject and just get depressed every time I think about it.
IGCSE English by any chance?
username1560589
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thatitootoo)
IGCSE English by any chance?
Yes. I've now written two lines of an answer.
chidchilli
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just imagine failing on results day. Works for me.

Too bawse for you, sir.
bakedbeans247
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bro, I'm in the same position as you! :O I need AAB and i only started (roughly) now. Well i have been revising on and off the last week or two. I'm freaking out now though. What exams have you got? I'm doing bio, chem (OCR) and math (AQA), with 3 AS resits.
clearlygeeky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I started revision yesterday for my AS retakes and they start in 6 days. After that i'll have 3 weeks until A2. Tbh it just depends on you as a person some people revise months before but still don't get the best of grades. Personally, I revise better a week or so before the exam so thats what i do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bakedbeans247
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by clearlygeeky)
I started revision yesterday for my AS retakes and they start in 6 days. After that i'll have 3 weeks until A2. Tbh it just depends on you as a person some people revise months before but still don't get the best of grades. Personally, I revise better a week or so before the exam so thats what i do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What A2s are you doing?
clearlygeeky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bakedbeans247)
What A2s are you doing?
Philosophy, Psychology and English Literature you?
bakedbeans247
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by clearlygeeky)
Philosophy, Psychology and English Literature you?
Oh nice, i was just asking to check if you do bio as you said you only started revising and i only started too.

I'm doing chem, bio and math. Yeah i'm not great at eng/writing essays, i'm more of a numbers guy :cool:
Saraaa_d
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haven't started revision yet either, but for me, i do better if i revise 3 week before an exam. If that's not the case for you, you really should get a move on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
16.02%
I'm not sure (8)
3.13%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (92)
35.94%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.56%
I'm not a current university student (111)
43.36%

Watched Threads