English Literature AQA AS help!!

Watch this thread
Cherrychocolate
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I just had a fairly recent mock exam in which my teacher advised the class that if they were feeling 'daring' they should try and attempt section B before Section A and I did that. However, my grade was a C instead of a B which I'm kind of aiming for.
I felt like section b went really well but when i got to section a i didn't have a clue what i was writing and felt so stressed i couldn't think properly as i was running out of time.
I got band 4 in section B and band 3 in section a
Do you have any tips for the english lit as exam with regards to timing and structure?

thanks in advance!
Darcy1105
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cherrychocolate)
I just had a fairly recent mock exam in which my teacher advised the class that if they were feeling 'daring' they should try and attempt section B before Section A and I did that. However, my grade was a C instead of a B which I'm kind of aiming for.
I felt like section b went really well but when i got to section a i didn't have a clue what i was writing and felt so stressed i couldn't think properly as i was running out of time.
Do you have any tips for the english lit as exam with regards to timing and structure?

thanks in advance!
For the exam an hour on section A which I split into two 30 minute slots to answer both questions, then for section B I give myself 20 minutes on each writer.
With regards to structure I would advise against structuring by Form, language and structure for part A. For the chapter or poem that comes up look at the key narrative aspects choose 3/4 and write on this, in order to form a coherent argument. Another thing that examiners have previously put in the report is key terminology so you might want to brush up on your definitions. Hope this was helpful.
The Empire Odyssey
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

thanks in advance!
Which exam board are you with?
Cherrychocolate
Rep:
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
Which exam board are you with?
AQA
Darcy1105
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
AQA
The Empire Odyssey
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
AQA
AQA A or AQA B?
Cherrychocolate
Rep:
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
AQA A or AQA B?
AQA B, Aspects of Narrative
isobella98
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
AQA B, Aspects of Narrative
That's what my exam is, too
I tend to find section b easier, so I do that last as I feel I can write more
I do section a first because then I'm less stressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads