GCSE Law May 2015? Watch

ellie1819
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was wondering if any one is taking AQA gcse law this May? Also does anyone have any good resources for the unit 2 for tort and criminal?
Applezainab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellie1819)
I was wondering if any one is taking AQA gcse law this May? Also does anyone have any good resources for the unit 2 for tort and criminal?
I'm taking this exam ☺️ I've been preparing mainly by doing past papers and I noticed a trend that some of the questions especially in unit one are exactly the same & as for unit I'm doing tort and family I really hope nuisance doesn't come up but I have a strong feeling it will as it hasn't come up since 2011
ellie1819
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Applezainab)
I'm taking this exam ☺️ I've been preparing mainly by doing past papers and I noticed a trend that some of the questions especially in unit one are exactly the same & as for unit I'm doing tort and family I really hope nuisance doesn't come up but I have a strong feeling it will as it hasn't come up since 2011
Yes, i do believe that nuisance may come up as well. I have noticed however, that there is a constant case study similarity in tort law in Unit 2. Both the cases in previous cases have been relevant to a sport; e.g. The golf club and in the newest paper released (2014) there was a cricket club. I would defiantly suggest reading the Bolton v Stone (1951) and Miller v Jackson (1997), both of these cases contain certain potential material you could earn extra credit in your exam with.
The cases refer to damage being caused by cricket balls. In the golf case study it had stated the club had been there for i think 60 years. In Bolton v Stone the ground had been 'occupied and used as a cricket ground for about 90 years'.

What do you think?

You may have already noted these cases, just wanted to let you know just incase you didn't. Hope you do well!!!
Applezainab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellie1819)
Yes, i do believe that nuisance may come up as well. I have noticed however, that there is a constant case study similarity in tort law in Unit 2. Both the cases in previous cases have been relevant to a sport; e.g. The golf club and in the newest paper released (2014) there was a cricket club. I would defiantly suggest reading the Bolton v Stone (1951) and Miller v Jackson (1997), both of these cases contain certain potential material you could earn extra credit in your exam with.
The cases refer to damage being caused by cricket balls. In the golf case study it had stated the club had been there for i think 60 years. In Bolton v Stone the ground had been 'occupied and used as a cricket ground for about 90 years'.

What do you think?

You may have already noted these cases, just wanted to let you know just incase you didn't. Hope you do well!!!
Thankyou for that I didn't realize the 2014 papers have been released . Do you by any chance know the point of law for (miller v Jackson)
Applezainab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As for Bolton v stone I thought it was for negligence and was part of the risk factors :s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?